The Student Room Group
Waterfront bar, King's College
King's College London
London

Transfer To Kings From City// BA History And Politics

Hi

I’m a first year undergraduate student currently doing BA History and Politics at City University, I’ve always wanted to go to Kings, unfortunately due to my A Level grades falling short I’d opted for City which is still a university I’m currently enjoying

I wanted to know, if I were to achieve 90%/1st Equivalent in my first year, would Kings be looking to accept a second year transfer?

I want to know if anybody has ever done that before, with their A Levels falling short, but their first year results providing enough to have second year entry

I’ve looked at King’s Modules for History and Politics (course code is of course the same) and I have chosen ones that are the exact same alongside my core modules being the same/similar (not just for kings but because I also wanted to pick those modules) so I know that a transfer can be suitable since the modules I’d complete will be the same to progress me onto second year.

Please let me know if anybody knows anything about a second year transfer that’s happened in the way I’m looking to do it

Thank you!
Original post by Anonymous
Hi

I’m a first year undergraduate student currently doing BA History and Politics at City University, I’ve always wanted to go to Kings, unfortunately due to my A Level grades falling short I’d opted for City which is still a university I’m currently enjoying

I wanted to know, if I were to achieve 90%/1st Equivalent in my first year, would Kings be looking to accept a second year transfer?

I want to know if anybody has ever done that before, with their A Levels falling short, but their first year results providing enough to have second year entry

I’ve looked at King’s Modules for History and Politics (course code is of course the same) and I have chosen ones that are the exact same alongside my core modules being the same/similar (not just for kings but because I also wanted to pick those modules) so I know that a transfer can be suitable since the modules I’d complete will be the same to progress me onto second year.

Please let me know if anybody knows anything about a second year transfer that’s happened in the way I’m looking to do it

Thank you!

King's outline the process of transferring to them here. Note that they say, "As general guidance, applications for transfer into the second year will only be considered if you meet all of the requirements below: You have met the standard first year entry requirements for the course (such as A-levels or equivalent)".

Towards the bottom of the same page, then then list the programmes which are able to accept transfer students. (They say, "Please note that if a programme does not appear here then it is not open to transfer applications.") There is no mention of History and Politics accepting transfers. The only mention of the word "history" is within Ancient History BA; the only mention of "politics" is within European Politics BA.

By all means contact the admissions team to double-check, but the would seem to provide two reasons why this will not be possible. :frown:
Waterfront bar, King's College
King's College London
London
Original post by Anonymous #1
Hi

Thank you!
April give it a rest mate

Quick Reply

Latest