The Student Room Group
Robotics at Plymouth University
University of Plymouth
Plymouth
Visit website

Will i be accepted?

I've applied to do a course which is 280 UCAS points, but I think I'll be achieving around 220 -240 points. Too low right? I know my course was also in clearing last year though!
Reply 1
Chances are you will still be accepted because I think and I'm not a 100% sure but some universities might lower their entry requirements to certain candidates and if it was in clearing then I am sure you have a chance of being accepted anyway.
Robotics at Plymouth University
University of Plymouth
Plymouth
Visit website
Reply 2
Original post by lankan-gurl
Chances are you will still be accepted because I think and I'm not a 100% sure but some universities might lower their entry requirements to certain candidates and if it was in clearing then I am sure you have a chance of being accepted anyway.

Great thank you for your reply! If i get rejected is it worth ringing up do you think? although I guess they'll have rejected me for a reasons and probably wont change their mind!:s-smilie:
Reply 3
No problem :smile: I don't think that you will get rejected but it depends on what your exact grades are for example you need 280 UCAS points if you got say 240 or a little below or perhaps higher then you could still get accepted. However if you don't receive a place then I don't think it is worth calling them up or trying to apply for them through clearing because they'd probably still won't accept you but you could ask them why they rejected you.

Just be confident I don't think you'll get rejected you will get your 280 points :smile:
Reply 4
No problem :smile: I don't think that you will get rejected but it depends on what your exact grades are for example you need 280 UCAS points if you got say 240 or a little below or perhaps higher then you could still get accepted. However if you don't receive a place then I don't think it is worth calling them up or trying to apply for them through clearing because they'd probably still won't accept you but you could ask them why they rejected you.

Just be confident I don't think you'll get rejected you will get your 280 points :smile:

ahahaha you're far too nice to people you don't know!:tongue: Where have you applied to? or where do you go? :L
Reply 5
Original post by rrazzaq
ahahaha you're far too nice to people you don't know!:tongue: Where have you applied to? or where do you go? :L

Lol.. erm thanks I guess :biggrin: I've firmed Surrey and my insurance choice is De Montfort :smile:

What course are you hoping to study?
Reply 6
Lol.. erm thanks I guess :biggrin: I've firmed Surrey and my insurance choice is De Montfort :smile:

What course are you hoping to study?

International business! Yourself?
Reply 7
Original post by rrazzaq

Sounds nice :smile: Law with International studies.
I have the same problem :frown: fingers crossed which Uni have you applied for and what halls?
Reply 9
Original post by alicechidd24
I have the same problem :frown: fingers crossed which Uni have you applied for and what halls?

Well Plymouth obviously :L and robbins, francis drake and st thomas maybe. You?
Original post by rrazzaq

Mate I was in the same situation as you when I got my results last year.

I didnt meet the requirements and they rejected me.
I then rang up the university and and applied for the same course through clearing and got in so it is always worth ringing them up because now I am on the International Business course at Plymouth Uni and its great.

The mates you meet are amazing and you will enjoy every second.

Just make sure you dont get carried away with partying like I did and study or you will have to retake like me.

Good luck buddy and maybe see you at freshers :wink:
Reply 11
Original post by Fresher4life
Mate I was in the same situation as you when I got my results last year.

I didnt meet the requirements and they rejected me.
I then rang up the university and and applied for the same course through clearing and got in so it is always worth ringing them up because now I am on the International Business course at Plymouth Uni and its great.

The mates you meet are amazing and you will enjoy every second.

Just make sure you dont get carried away with partying like I did and study or you will have to retake like me.

Good luck buddy and maybe see you at freshers :wink:

Legend just the boost i needed. Can i ask what you got? I know the requirements went up as soon as i applied which was annoying.

But you'd definitely tell me to ring up and apply via clearing? Also how was your accommodation through clearing? Did you get in?! :P
I got 40 points less than i needed, got rejected and then applied through clearing. Stupid system that they have but I guess I was the lucky one with my mum nagging me to apply through clearing :wink:.

I was too late to apply for halls as I was meant to be doing a snowboard season so I ended up in a house with a load of 3rd years. Was good because I was like the baby to them and they basically did everything for me. If you have already applied you should be okay I´m not to sure how the whole halls accommodation works.

The best halls to be in are,
Francis Drake, Radnor and Discovery Heights in my opinion, although they are the most expensive and Discovery Heights is private.

But whatever hall you are in you will have an amazing time.

My mates that I´m living with next year were in Gilwell, nicknamed "the ghetto". Its the smallest halls and doesn't look to pleasant but you can throw some great per-drinks in there as long as the wardens don´t catch yo past 11pm. My mates flat was known as the party flat haha.

But yeah basically if you dont get in ring up clearing and see if they still have spaces on the course then if not ring up the business school, and preferably try and speak to Gordon, he is the programme leader. He´s really nice and will try and help you out. If not look at other unis offering the same course through clearing, when I was applying theres Leeds Met, East Anglia, Hertfordshire, Kent, etc.
Original post by rrazzaq
I've applied to do a course which is 280 UCAS points, but I think I'll be achieving around 220 -240 points. Too low right? I know my course was also in clearing last year though!

Imo if you get rejected you've got nothing to lose so respectfully request an interview to portray your enthusiasm.

Edit: didnt notice the necro, glad you got in.

Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 14
Original post by Fresher4life
I got 40 points less than i needed, got rejected and then applied through clearing. Stupid system that they have but I guess I was the lucky one with my mum nagging me to apply through clearing :wink:.

I was too late to apply for halls as I was meant to be doing a snowboard season so I ended up in a house with a load of 3rd years. Was good because I was like the baby to them and they basically did everything for me. If you have already applied you should be okay I´m not to sure how the whole halls accommodation works.

The best halls to be in are,
Francis Drake, Radnor and Discovery Heights in my opinion, although they are the most expensive and Discovery Heights is private.

But whatever hall you are in you will have an amazing time.

My mates that I´m living with next year were in Gilwell, nicknamed "the ghetto". Its the smallest halls and doesn't look to pleasant but you can throw some great per-drinks in there as long as the wardens don´t catch yo past 11pm. My mates flat was known as the party flat haha.

But yeah basically if you dont get in ring up clearing and see if they still have spaces on the course then if not ring up the business school, and preferably try and speak to Gordon, he is the programme leader. He´s really nice and will try and help you out. If not look at other unis offering the same course through clearing, when I was applying theres Leeds Met, East Anglia, Hertfordshire, Kent, etc.

Awesome cheers will do. Its really really stupid you got rejected then got in through clearing though. How was clearing for you?
They make it out to be this big thing but its not. You literally ring up the clearing office you ask them weather there is a space for you and they will say yes or no. If they say yes your on if not keep searching. Its quite straight forward or at least it was last year. They´re really helpful as well, don´t stress all willl be ok in the end! :wink:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending