The Student Room Group

Gf wants me to wear skinny jeans

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
I have to agree with you guys, skinny jeans are not for men. My girl friend BOUGHT me a pair of mens voi jeans, I was very shocked when I saw them, ware them once and made them disappear after that ....... vanished :smile:)
Reply 21
Original post by Riku
I do not think this is a good idea for the sake of my manhood-in more ways than one :P
I'd usually be a 32 and go for boot-cut etc., but she keeps bringing this up!

Having said that isn't the fact she thinks they'd suit me a compliment?

honest answer is if you aren't comfortable trying on skinny jeans. Try slim fit jeans, they don't feel restricting at all and I bet they would suit you. and im not saying it to help you compromise with your girlfriend even though in my opinion there isn't anything wrong with taking advice from a girlfriend, doesn't make you less of a man to trying out new things to a good extent. Im saying it because I do think you will suit slim cut jeans, because the secret to good style is making sure things fit well and boot cut looks baggy.
Reply 22
Original post by Luxray
honest answer is if you aren't comfortable trying on skinny jeans. Try slim fit jeans, they don't feel restricting at all and I bet they would suit you. and im not saying it to help you compromise with your girlfriend even though in my opinion there isn't anything wrong with taking advice from a girlfriend, doesn't make you less of a man to trying out new things to a good extent. Im saying it because I do think you will suit slim cut jeans, because the secret to good style is making sure things fit well and boot cut looks baggy.

Maybe not to you... But I've got these things called "leg muscles", most slim jeans look as though they've been painted on.
Reply 23
Original post by Drewski
Maybe not to you... But I've got these things called "leg muscles", most slim jeans look as though they've been painted on.

well jeans are meant to fit well around the thighs but yes I suppose if you are very well built and do lots of squats then the jeans feel like they are painted on. However I think most men who have averagely built legs can fit into slim cut jeans.

I mean do these really look that restricting on most men?
http://www.mrporter.com/product/301277
Reply 24
Original post by Luxray
well jeans are meant to fit well around the thighs but yes I suppose if you are very well built and do lots of squats then the jeans feel like they are painted on. However I think most men who have averagely built legs can fit into slim cut jeans.

I mean do these really look that restricting on most men?
http://www.mrporter.com/product/301277

On the model, no, but then most men are not models. And I'd also suggest that most men do no have a spare £200 to be spending on jeans. I'd rarely spend a quarter of that.
Lots of brand fit differently, and of course individual preference comes into it, but all the 'slim cut' jeans I've had (nb, it is only jean, though, slim cut suit trousers have been absolutely fine) have felt incredibly restrictive and made sitting down uncomfortable.
Reply 25
Original post by Drewski
On the model, no, but then most men are not models. And I'd also suggest that most men do no have a spare £200 to be spending on jeans. I'd rarely spend a quarter of that.
Lots of brand fit differently, and of course individual preference comes into it, but all the 'slim cut' jeans I've had (nb, it is only jean, though, slim cut suit trousers have been absolutely fine) have felt incredibly restrictive and made sitting down uncomfortable.

I didn't say most men are models like the one in the link. And I didn't say you have to spend 200£, I was merely showing an example, I personallly would also never spend £200 on jeans. Anyway agree to disagree lol.

Quick Reply

Latest