The Student Room Group

Would it be lame going to the theatre alone?

Greetings to all. Hope you're all well.

I was just wondering really whether people considered it a little lame and silly to be hopping off to the theatre alone? Basically, there's no female around to take (Thanks Yem) and if I told my mates I think I'd be mocked tirelessly. My best mate understands but he's a douche with money and doesn't have much lately and tbh I'm not paying for him to come with me- I'll feel like I'm using an agency.

There's a lovely production of Sweeney Todd on tommorrow and the attendances in my theatre are usually 400-500, with the back 4 or 5 rows empty.

Shall I go or not?

Regards.
Reply 1
Go, you will not be the only person there alone.
Reply 2
Its fine! Lots of people go to the theatre alone. There's so much stigma around doing things alone , its stupid.
Why not you can buy whatever you want without having to share it or whatnot
Do it!
I'm definitely going to start going to the theatre alone, most of my friends prefer to just watch tv.
Reply 5
Thanks guys.

The Theatre has just a marvelous feel around it. Walking in, checking the stage out, sitting in your seat and feeling the atmosphere build. I do love the cinema too.

It's just, I've never done it alone so... It's a big step... Hmm..
Original post by Bubzeh
Thanks guys.

The Theatre has just a marvelous feel around it. Walking in, checking the stage out, sitting in your seat and feeling the atmosphere build. I do love the cinema too.

You've really encouraged me too. Looking up plays now :smile:
I think a lot of people go along because it's not like you can talk anyway, plus you sometimes get cheaper seats for being alone.

Get a drink from the bar and relax :wink:
Original post by Bubzeh
Thanks guys.

If you don't do the things that you enjoy and want to do because there's nobody to go with you then you're simply holding yourself back.
Reply 8
Only acceptable if you take opera glasses and act snootily towards the staff at all times.
Reply 9
Well... What a disaster that was... I went. I sat. I waited. The curtain was dragged back and there was a huge orchestra. IT WAS A MUSICAL. I was not happy at all.
Original post by Bubzeh
Well... What a disaster that was... I went. I sat. I waited. The curtain was dragged back and there was a huge orchestra. IT WAS A MUSICAL. I was not happy at all.

You didn't know that Sweeney Todd is a musical? lol! I know nothing about theatre and even I knew that :biggrin:
Original post by Yemiisii
Whoops I'm sorry I accidentally negged u :colondollar:

Lool hahaha good for you! I pretty sure the majority of people know that Sweeney Todd is a musical!! :mmm: x

Don't worry about it, I've lost count at the amount of times people have negged my comments :biggrin:

Quick Reply

Latest