The Student Room Group

UK Rep election

Scroll to see replies

I'd like to see PierceBrosnan go for it, he joined around the same time as me and is an excellent contributor to the MUN, but again, up to him :smile:
Reply 21
I am not surprised a little clique is getting involved in this, at the end of the day7 it is personal choice. I am happy of being the bad guy of Europe at the moment
Original post by Morgsie
I am not surprised a little clique is getting involved in this, at the end of the day7 it is personal choice. I am happy of being the bad guy of Europe at the moment

Or we're just recommending people who might be good for the role seeing as no one has put in a manifesto?
The Establishment is out to get me!! Yeah PB deserves it too, he was my (very worthy) opponent in the India election and stood in for me as proxy while I was away.
Good luck to anyone running for this role. :smile:
Original post by Cheese_Monster
The Establishment is out to get me!! Yeah PB deserves it too, he was my (very worthy) opponent in the India election and stood in for me as proxy while I was away.

Where's my tin foil hat? :rolleyes:

I'm sure there's many good candidates but we won't know unless they put themselves forward! So to anyone reading who might be even slightly interested in running, do it! The UK is great to be in hypes and in general as they wield a lot of power in the international community, if power is what you're after then go for it :colone:
Reply 26
Original post by Superunknown17
Where's my tin foil hat? :rolleyes:

This guy borrowed it, sorry mate.
Reply 27
I'd like to see meenu go for this seeing as she's doing a good job in the hypothetical, but that's completely up to her.

Thanks for the vote of confidence, but I'm definitely not going for it :smile:
Get involved people! I hope to see lots of you going for this, it's a great position.
Original post by meenu89
Thanks for the vote of confidence, but I'm definitely not going for it :smile:

It's well deserved! I'm sad to hear that but not a problem :smile:
Reply 30
Original post by The Mad Dog
This guy borrowed it, sorry mate.

Any manifestos? If not, I'll run for election in place of my IAEA post.
Reply 31
Original post by Qwertish
Any manifestos? If not, I'll run for election in place of my IAEA post.

Nope, no manifestos so far.
Reply 32
Original post by The Mad Dog
Nope, no manifestos so far.

Okay, I'll send you something in a moment. I know it's not ideal, but it's better than not having a UK rep. Withdraw me if there are any other submissions.
Reply 33
Or you could just give it back to me ?:colone:
Okay, I'll send you something in a moment. I know it's not ideal, but it's better than not having a UK rep. Withdraw me if there are any other submissions.

Although the resolution you co-wrote prohibits dual SC seats? May be problematic :tongue:
Reply 35
Original post by cl_steele
Or you could just give it back to me ?:colone:

I thought you loved being Mother Russia
Reply 36
Original post by Morgsie
I thought you loved being Mother Russia

Who said i wanted to give up Russia, im trying to build a collection here :tongue:

Didnt you co-sponsor a bill saying no to dual reps? :holmes:
Reply 37
Although the resolution you co-wrote prohibits dual SC seats? May be problematic :tongue:

Yes, well, I know. Surely it's better than not having a UK rep though?

Like I said, I'll happily withdraw if someone else who isn't on the Council submits a manifesto, and I'll give one of the two up if/when there is any interest. Potentially the SG could include something asking for manifestos in every MUN update or something :tongue:
Reply 38
The Q&A process has now begun.
Reply 39
qwertish
QFA

How can you run for the UK considering youve just submitted a bill prohibiting you from doing so... if you beat RON will you be surrendering your current SC seat?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending