The Student Room Group

Wesser Ltd Interview

Hey :smile:
I had an interview with Wesser on Thursday and received a job offer, wahey!
My training day is next Sunday and I have a few questions about it....
1) Will they pay for my train tickets and hotel? I think they said they do in the interview but I want to be 100% sure
2) Do you move into your new house the following Tuesday?
3) What are the days like in general?

Any answers or experiences will be greatly appreciated:biggrin:
Thanks!
Reply 1
i did wesser for st john's ambulance a few years ago.. from what i remember..

the training day is fun, and they generally want people to want to do the job so it'll be fine. the job is much much easier with friends so try to be friendly with everyone.

they split everyone up to go to different locations around the UK. i think i remember them sending us all out by train immediately to our locations. the house i was at (in newcastle) was basically like student housing.

the general experience whilst home depends on the people, almost like at uni although people don't generally want to spend anything because they're there to make money obviously. the days are fairly early starts, for at least the first day you'll be tailing someone good to get an idea of what to do.

you basically have a big map of the area you're in, and all the areas that have been covered will be marked off etc. the team leader will decide the next area to go to, and you all go off in cars. there, you get split off either by yourself or in twos to do a certain number of houses, usually one by one down a street.

just try to be genuine, try to seem happy and confident. it helps if you're from a similar background as the area- as a middle class semi-posh kid i didn't stand much chance in the rougher parts of newcastle lol. on the plus side, you're a girl so you stand a better chance :wink:. i swear girls took in 2/3 times as much money as the guys, and if you're particularly attractive you'll find it even more a breeze.

good luck
Reply 2
Original post by Tridentus
i did wesser for st john's ambulance a few years ago.. from what i remember..

the training day is fun, and they generally want people to want to do the job so it'll be fine. the job is much much easier with friends so try to be friendly with everyone.

they split everyone up to go to different locations around the UK. i think i remember them sending us all out by train immediately to our locations. the house i was at (in newcastle) was basically like student housing.

the general experience whilst home depends on the people, almost like at uni although people don't generally want to spend anything because they're there to make money obviously. the days are fairly early starts, for at least the first day you'll be tailing someone good to get an idea of what to do.

you basically have a big map of the area you're in, and all the areas that have been covered will be marked off etc. the team leader will decide the next area to go to, and you all go off in cars. there, you get split off either by yourself or in twos to do a certain number of houses, usually one by one down a street.

just try to be genuine, try to seem happy and confident. it helps if you're from a similar background as the area- as a middle class semi-posh kid i didn't stand much chance in the rougher parts of newcastle lol. on the plus side, you're a girl so you stand a better chance :wink:. i swear girls took in 2/3 times as much money as the guys, and if you're particularly attractive you'll find it even more a breeze.

good luck

Thank you!:biggrin: I wasn't expecting anyone to reply that fast:tongue:
Someone from the recruitment office is calling me tomorrow to sort out the training day. When you did yours, did they pay for your train and hotel? I'm really worried that if they don't I won't be able to do it cause I can't afford it.

Oooo, and when did you get your first pay check? I'm also worried that for the first few weeks I'll have absolutely no money to live on so won't be able to eat or anything! D:
Reply 3
Original post by KayleighLouise
Thank you!:biggrin: I wasn't expecting anyone to reply that fast:tongue:
Someone from the recruitment office is calling me tomorrow to sort out the training day. When you did yours, did they pay for your train and hotel? I'm really worried that if they don't I won't be able to do it cause I can't afford it.

Oooo, and when did you get your first pay check? I'm also worried that for the first few weeks I'll have absolutely no money to live on so won't be able to eat or anything! D:

eh.. it was like 3 years ago so i can't quite remember all the hazy details :s-smilie:

if they said they'd pay for train and hotel they'll pay for it. the pay check i think was monthly, although it may have been weekly.

i know.. that's SO helpful right? :tongue:
Reply 4
Hi I have interview on Wednesday most of that information is great but can any one remember any of the question asked just am bit worried lol incase I can't answer them any one help me thanks ...

Quick Reply

Latest