The Student Room Group

3 gap years

I am currently in my 2nd gap year and I have applied to several universities for accounting and finance bsc (Exeter, Durham...) for Sep. 2024. However, I am currently having 2nd thoughts as to whether I still want to go or not.

Regarding gap years, would I be at a significant disadvantage if I was to take a 3rd year out before going to uni? Is this feasible, provided I do worthwhile things within the gap year, or would extended periods out of education be frowned upon?
Reply 1
Original post by js0003_
I am currently in my 2nd gap year and I have applied to several universities for accounting and finance bsc (Exeter, Durham...) for Sep. 2024. However, I am currently having 2nd thoughts as to whether I still want to go or not.
Regarding gap years, would I be at a significant disadvantage if I was to take a 3rd year out before going to uni? Is this feasible, provided I do worthwhile things within the gap year, or would extended periods out of education be frowned upon?
I am on my gap year applying to similar unis for a+f. Just curious, did you retake any a levels, ie your gap year was enforced? Or you just wanted to take some time off education?
Original post by js0003_

You should be alright. As far as I understand, most universities operate a policy of needing to have studied five years before starting your degree so you ought to be fine. It's worth asking the universities you got offers from to see if they'd defer your entry for a year so you can take a third gap year knowing that you have a guaranteed place at uni.

Quick Reply

Latest