The Student Room Group

Bichemistry/Biotechnology Gap Year Internships

Hi!

I’m currently planning on taking a gap year this year before going off to uni. I’m most likely going to firm Imperial and insure UCL. I’ve applied for Biochem/Biotech and I take Maths, Chem, Bio and EPQ all at A*. I wanted to ask where I should apply to for an internship/work during my gap year.

I want to do something in the field of biochem/biotech but basically no companies take gap year students. I’ve tried EDT but they’re mainly for like engineering and physicys programs which I’m not really interested in.

Does anyone have any experience with this or know what I should do?
Reply 1
Currently in the same position too. If you find anything please do let me know. I’m just looking at random pharma places and emailing everywhere hoping they say something lol
Reply 2
Original post by alfwego
Currently in the same position too. If you find anything please do let me know. I’m just looking at random pharma places and emailing everywhere hoping they say something lol

will dooo x
if you find anything can you help me out too thxxx
Reply 4
Original post by sillyskeleton
if you find anything can you help me out too thxxx

hiiii

I have applied to this lab assistant role which works a lot with kids, basically running workshops where I get to be like a cool science guy to random school children. I’m trying to look for other things tho because I really want to do something in r&d but it’s so hard to find somewhere (i’ve genuinely emailed over like 100 bio companies😭)

anyway basically i’m just gonna keep trying and hope i find something. have you found anything/ any plans for next year?

Quick Reply

Latest