The Student Room Group
Student at the Open University
Open University
Milton Keynes

Student finance help

Hi there,
Just wondering if Anyone could help me. I have received my letter for my part time loan but it is saying that open university will be paid in 3 installments but some of my modules will have started before they even receive the fee payments (I'm studying full time) is this normal?
Also, it says I need to take the letter into uni so they cab confirm my attendance to them. Obviously as it's open university I'm not sure what this means.

Thank you x

Posted from TSR Mobile
The letter is correct.

Student Finance England (SFE) make three payments to the OU, 25%, 25% and 50%. The payments are made long after the module starts.

The OU do not need to see the letter. By giving the OU your CRN (customer reference number) from SFE you are registering on your modules, as opposed to simply reserving. By providing the CRN to the OU you are telling them that SFE are paying for the module for you.

Therefore that letter you have is your confirmation that you have been approved for the student loan. So you are now safe in the knowledge that what you have told the OU is going to happen, that SFE will be paying for you.

Don't worry that the payments are made after the module starts. The OU will liaise with student loans regarding receiving payments, this will happen behind the scenes.

Hope this helps, let me know if you have any questions.
Student at the Open University
Open University
Milton Keynes
Reply 2
Thanks so much for the reply. I was worried I may have done my application wrong!
Thanks again x

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest