The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Anonymous
I wear shorts now cos its blazin hot outside like bein in a fryin pan. I have hairy legs, not excessively but u can see it. I wonder if it puts some women off or if women these days are attracted to cavemen?

Sign of a real man!
I kinda like it, yeah.
Reply 3
hot!
Reply 4
i think its hot too! :smile: (and im not talking about the weather)
Reply 5
lol I don't mind it - but my boyfriend trims it, so it doesn't look shaved (and hence gay). Seems a bit like you Axon :tongue:
Reply 6
I have quite hairy legs my socks irritate the hair sometimes and its abit sensitive to being pulled. Otherwise i dont mind it lol.
hairy legs on a guy are hotter than shaved legs imo even if quite very hairy i find au naturel very hot on guys :biggrin:
Reply 8
I don't care if people don't like my hairy legs, it keeps my legs warm.
Reply 9
It's natural and if a woman wants shaved legs on a guy, she's probably gay.
Reply 10
rewmck
I don't care if people don't like my hairy legs, it keeps my legs warm.

keeps the costs down... :rolleyes:
Woopeedoo - who cares? I play lots of water polo and it saves buying a stupid expensive lower-body suit. :smile:
Reply 12
Ron Stoppable
Woopeedoo - who cares? I play lots of water polo and it saves buying a stupid expensive lower-body suit. :smile:

Intriguing.
Reply 13
Guys actually shaving their legs i think is kind of gay. Loads of the guys do it in my school and i dont understand y!?!
Reply 14
They might be swimmers.
I can't see why the hell you should shave your legs for swimming.
Reply 16
Original post by Fluent &#953
I can't see why the hell you should shave your legs for swimming.

i think it's something about there being less friction..not entirely sure though..
That's bollox though. I doubt it would make 1/1000th of a second difference, which unless you are competing in the olympics is hardly going to matter. Besides then you'd go for the full body shark skin suits anyway.
Done some research and it is definitely inconclusive.
Reply 19
Original post by Fluent &#953
That's bollox though. I doubt it would make 1/1000th of a second difference, which unless you are competing in the olympics is hardly going to matter. Besides then you'd go for the full body shark skin suits anyway.

it depends what type of suit the swimmer is comfortable with..

MSN encarta
In a sport where races are decided by hundredths of a second, every advantage is important. For major meets, most swimmers shave the body hair off of their arms, legs, and any other surface area that is in contact with the water. This reduces resistance and can lower a swimmer’s time by as much as 1 or 2 percent—a significant difference.

Answers.com
Swimmers are also known to shave their body and legs to reduce drag from body hair.

Latest

Trending

Trending