The Student Room Group

work experience in a primary school

I’m in year 10 and due to do my work experience in a primary school and am stressing about what to wear. they haven’t informed me of any dress restrictions but don’t have a clue on what is appropriate and acceptable. the weather will be about 20°c so not too hot nor cold. any help will be appreciated!!!
Original post by rae345829
I’m in year 10 and due to do my work experience in a primary school and am stressing about what to wear. they haven’t informed me of any dress restrictions but don’t have a clue on what is appropriate and acceptable. the weather will be about 20°c so not too hot nor cold. any help will be appreciated!!!

You want something semi-formal. I tend to refer to what teachers have always worn during the summer for reference.

When it comes to women's clothes, I would pick a dress suited for the summer.

Failing to find out what you need, ask your current teachers.
I’m in year 12 and doing work experience at a local primary school. I’ve just been wearing leggings and short sleeve/tank tops with a cardigan on top (for modesty and safeguarding reasons) I’d say make sure to wear something you’re comfortable in because I’ve been working with reception and there’s a lot of outdoor/on the floor play so be prepared to get your clothes dirty. Also a BIG no no is trainers as these are mainly seen as unprofessional. I’d go for sandals or ballerina style slip on shoes

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending