The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Zmit2260
Haha not too sure, but we will have an induction day sometime in June/July, so I guess we will be given a final start date then xx

Posted from TSR Mobile

my letter says the 29th too! Perhaps the 17th is an induction day??
Hey guys. Just accepted a place at Huddersfield (firm) and UEA (insurance) today. Withdrew my application from Northumbria as I wanted to get the ball rolling as I had an offer from my first choice already. Huddersfield is doing the foundation year first, didn't get the grades to get straight in! Sooo excited, I don't know what to do with myself!!

Anywoo.....just thought I'd pop on and say hi!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Anybody else bored of refreshing their ucas and emails? 😤

Posted from TSR Mobile
Lol! It takes over your life doesn't it?!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by HerMooness
Hey guys. Just accepted a place at Huddersfield (firm) and UEA (insurance) today. Withdrew my application from Northumbria as I wanted to get the ball rolling as I had an offer from my first choice already. Huddersfield is doing the foundation year first, didn't get the grades to get straight in! Sooo excited, I don't know what to do with myself!!

Anywoo.....just thought I'd pop on and say hi!

Posted from TSR Mobile

Hi! You studying ODP at Huddersfield? Where are you staying? I'm at aspley hall

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 1785
Original post by TootsieF
Hi everyone!

Just spoke to Uclan admissions and they have said people will be finding out on Track at the earliest tomorrow!

A xx

Original post by Moneybags
No sign of any changes to my track yet ...

The wait goes on 😫

Posted from TSR Mobile

Still no word from UCLan? It's really bugging me now and I don't know whether to email them and ask or not..
Original post by lauren_ODP
Hi! You studying ODP at Huddersfield? Where are you staying? I'm at aspley hall

Posted from TSR Mobile

I'm Aspley hall too!! Yes I'm ODPing at Huds. Not sure whether I'm in little or big aspley yet.....need to decide and ring the lady on reception up. Which are you in? X
Original post by JordanUK
Still no word from UCLan? It's really bugging me now and I don't know whether to email them and ask or not..

Nothing.. It's rather frustrating 😔

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Moneybags
Nothing.. It's rather frustrating 😔

If you applied before jan deadline, they have until 8th may to reply :frown:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 1789

Posted from TSR Mobile

I know that is technically true but the university itself did say that we should find out last Friday however no one did. If they hadnt said that I wouldn't be bothered. Its just annoying!

But like you say. We will be finding out soon enough anyway :-)

Was told by one uni I would know 8 days after, and then another 2 weeks after.. Nearly 8 weeks after both interviews it's a piss take when you were told something different.... ☺️

Posted from TSR Mobile
I'm Aspley hall too!! Yes I'm ODPing at Huds. Not sure whether I'm in little or big aspley yet.....need to decide and ring the lady on reception up. Which are you in? X

I'm in big aspley as it has the gym and the pool, been put in Block A in a flat with other nhs students. You in the foundation year or the first year

Posted from TSR Mobile
I kinda want to be in BA but I have to be in a mixed year group flat whereas LA I can be with all first years but have to walk to the gym etc. either way I have to decide by mu lunch break today! I'm starting in the foundation year, I applied for directed access but my grades aren't good enough but saying that its probably done me a favour because I've been out of education for a while and the last lot I did was GSCE standard at bare minimum. :smile: will probably do better for it!

Posted from TSR Mobile
I kinda want to be in BA but I have to be in a mixed year group flat whereas LA I can be with all first years but have to walk to the gym etc. either way I have to decide by mu lunch break today! I'm starting in the foundation year, I applied for directed access but my grades aren't good enough but saying that its probably done me a favour because I've been out of education for a while and the last lot I did was GSCE standard at bare minimum. :smile: will probably do better for it!

Posted from TSR Mobile

Are you the person who is also talking to me on Facebook? Haha. Oh right I get you, I've done a 2 year health and social course but to be honest if I'd had known before I did it about the foundation year I'd have done that instead. Would have been miles better x

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by JordanUK
Posted from TSR Mobile

I know that is technically true but the university itself did say that we should find out last Friday however no one did. If they hadnt said that I wouldn't be bothered. Its just annoying!

But like you say. We will be finding out soon enough anyway :-)

Hi

I am still waiting to hear from edgehill and uclan as well... i completely agree with you it is so frustrating for them to tell us we are going to hear by last friday and still nothing xx
Reply 1795
conditional from Cardiff so happy !!
Original post by lauren_ODP
Are you the person who is also talking to me on Facebook? Haha. Oh right I get you, I've done a 2 year health and social course but to be honest if I'd had known before I did it about the foundation year I'd have done that instead. Would have been miles better x

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yeah I think so!! Lol!! I didn't know what a wanted to do when I chose my alevels so just went with what I enjoyed. Really struggled with physics though, should have taken the easy yet boring ICT, hence why I didn't get the grades to get straight in. X
Reply 1797
finally some sunshine on my street( and outside too, haha!) ! offer from SHU and Northumbria! Hurrayyyy!!!
Reply 1798
Original post by ODPs
finally some sunshine on my street( and outside too, haha!) ! offer from SHU and Northumbria! Hurrayyyy!!!

great news! Well done!
Anyone here who has been accepted into Bournemouth for ODP? If so feel free to add me on Facebook. My name is Liam Allen from Scarborough.

Latest