The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 60
Original post by Millie228

To those asking about his age etc. He doesn't have to be old. London is full of wealth - in fact, I'd say most of the city is rich. My ex came from an extremely wealthy background, so he had both the family money and a very well paying job due to his parents' connections, so he could easily have spared that amount per month. He's 26.
We don't know the OP's situation, but whatever it is, it's her choice.

No, OP's justification for him being able to pay her was that he works in the city. If his family was super rich she would have said so.
Original post by sucess
LOOOOL

funny but there is a hint of truth there as nigerian men are very very generous and those that can wouldn't bat an eyelid at buying a 60k car or even nice cushy flat somewhere for their gfs.
There is no way this story is actually true. Firstly, who the hell gives their girlfriend close to £50k a year. Secondly, if this boyfriend is actually earning a salary which enabled him to just give away £50k a year he'd know that giving someone £4k in cash each month is bloody ridiculous.
I am sure 4k a month covers much more than what you need for uni lol. Troll.
Double check he doesn't want it all back if you break up at some point.

Terms and conditions and all.
I would turn gay for a boyfriend like this.
Reply 66
Definite troll - if this is true then it's the least healthy relationship dynamic ever...Pretty shocked at the number of comments by girls saying how much they want a guy to be like that too, what happened to feminism and self respect, sold for £48,000pa...?
(edited 10 years ago)
Is your electricity bill unusually high?
Reply 68
I doubt the bank will care.
He is your boyfriend and giving you 4k each month? I just hope you don't break his heart by leaving him.
Original post by GPH92
I want a boyfriend like yours

Gold digger.
Reply 71
Original post by danny111
No, OP's justification for him being able to pay her was that he works in the city. If his family was super rich she would have said so.

He can still get a high paying job on connections even if his parents aren't super rich. Or he may be involved in insider trading.

Anyway, doesn't matter. I think the entire scenario sounds strange. He may 40 or 50 something or a wealthy Arab/Russian. I don't care. OPs choice.
Reply 72
Lol at all the girls in this thread getting wet
Is he a sugar daddy? Why is he giving you this money?!
Original post by MancBoy
Lol at all the girls in this thread getting wet

Girls? :lolwut:

I'd probably (most likely) turn for 4K a month, that's 10 times what I earn :lol:
Yeahhhh as other people have said theres no way that this is real as there is simply no reason for him to give you cash instead of a cheque or a bank transfer. You say that you want to deposit it in a bank and yet surely you would have told him this when he discussed giving up 50 thousand pounds of his hard earned money (he ain't real) per year and so why wouldn't he have respected your wishes and made it easier for you to have it deposited in your bank? You didn't tell him what you told us? Or it' only just occurred t you that having £4000 in cash is less preferable to having it In an account?

Why tell blatant lies, it's the epitome of stupidity?
Theres a goldigga on the looose :eek:
Watch out people!
Posted from TSR Mobile
Just transfer it to my account and I'll keep it hidden for you.

My bank account details are below:

Spoiler

Reply 78
Nothing better than a strong independent woman.
Reply 79
Pull the other one.

What i can't see is why anyone would come to a student forum for advice on this sort of issue. Of the millions of websites and forums you could have chosen, you went for the one full of people who are (generally) skint...

Latest

Trending

Trending