The Student Room Group

Additional classes

I know it might be wrong subforum (comparing this thread to, for instance, 'Shameless money saving tactics at university'), but I really couldn't figure out where sould I ask it. I would like to know if universities offer some extracurricular classes like foreign languages or economics/management that are not a part of a course (i.e. it's just for you, with no ECTS points etc.)?
Reply 1
Original post by Prested
I know it might be wrong subforum (comparing this thread to, for instance, 'Shameless money saving tactics at university'), but I really couldn't figure out where sould I ask it. I would like to know if universities offer some extracurricular classes like foreign languages or economics/management that are not a part of a course (i.e. it's just for you, with no ECTS points etc.)?

most will offer non credit foreign language classes, usually for a fee. Not heard of a university offering non credit courses in anything else really.
As Jelly says, language courses are fairly common, but in addition there's nothing to stop you going and sitting in on lectures which you won't actually be examined on (though your presence would be noticed in a seminar!), but I'm yet to come across a formal, free, non-credit programme.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending