The Student Room Group

Switching from foundation year to new course

Hi, I'm currently studying aeronautical engineering as a single foundation year which leads on to the aerospace degree.

I remember being told that this foundation year will be part of the gift year for student finance, so my question is if I apply to a new uni and a new course that starts from the first year will I receive student finance the normal way?
Hi there. Yes, for example if the course is a 4 year course including a foundation year then you would still have the gift year. If you start a foundation year to enter onto a different course, then this would mean you would lose the additional year, as it would be classed as a different course. Thanks, Leah.
Reply 2
Original post by Leah SLC
Hi there. Yes, for example if the course is a 4 year course including a foundation year then you would still have the gift year. If you start a foundation year to enter onto a different course, then this would mean you would lose the additional year, as it would be classed as a different course. Thanks, Leah.

Hi leah, thanks for replying. So just to clarify I will get student finance if I go to a new course and university, but I just won't have a gift year?
Hi Rahul.h,

Yes, you will have used your additional year of funding on your previous course

Thanks,
Calum
Reply 4
Original post by Calum SLC
Hi Rahul.h,
Yes, you will have used your additional year of funding on your previous course
Thanks,
Calum
cool, cheers.
You're welcome. If you have any further questions you can ask us on this platform.

Thanks, Drew

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending