The Student Room Group

I want to become famous singer

Scroll to see replies

Busk in the street, wait to get noticed...
Original post by amiyafoster
Hello Friends,

My voice quality is very good,I want to become famous singer in short time. Is it possible.

Please help me

Let me guess, we can help you by giving you our account details and sort codes right? :lol: :rofl:
Reply 22
Original post by amiyafoster
Hello Friends,

My voice quality is very good,I want to become famous singer in short time. Is it possible.

Please help me

If you really believe that you have a good voice then start from a music college and let the professionals test your abilities.If you are so good and almost ready you may not need lot of work.

But many young people are delusive and although they have a great idea of their skills they get dissapointed when they are told the truth.

Discuss it with your parents and your family and if you all agree do it.Again if you love music and you all agree start from a good music college and start you road from there.After trying hard and advancing you will realise what you can do
(edited 10 years ago)
Although you need to start somewhere, there is no career ladder in the music industry - you could become the biggest star over-night.

Posting videos on YouTube isn't the best way to start a singing career. It's okay if you want feedback or want to gain more confidence but it isn't a direct entry into the music industry. There are literally tens of thousands of hopefuls who post their videos on YouTube a day and only a tiny fraction of them get noticed (even the very good people will get like 1000 views max). Those who do get noticed don't tend to go very far like most X-Factor contestants as they too lack professional experience or any additional skills such as songwriting and playing an instrument - most of these people simply do covers of very well known songs (remember Esmee Denters or Dondria?). Also your discovery on YouTube may unfortunately, cheapen you as an artist. Hopefuls should not believe that mogul music managers/producers/directors spend their time scouring YouTube trying to find new talent - they simply do not have the time and energy to do this.

Music scouts could be present anywhere so your best bet is to just perform anywhere possible and hope a manager hires you.

There is pretty much a "type" of artist in every genre now so what makes you different? Who do admire? Whose steps would you like to follow?

I recommend like Emeli Sande you get a plan B as you'll find that a decent music career (even for successful musicians) is very transient.

In lighter news, there still is hope. I wish you the very best and you might become who knows? The next Lana Del Ray :smile:
(edited 10 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest