The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Humans are social creatures. So there's an curiousity-driven element of fraternising/sororitising between all of us - regardless of sex.
Reply 2
Ron Stoppable
Humans are social creatures. So there's an curiousity-driven element of fraternising/sororitising between all of us - regardless of sex.

not a sausage about that but yea i think we are i wudnt go all the way but i do think most dont mind a few kisses here n there. although some r dead against it!

find some ladies and ask em lol :wink:

jess x x
Reply 3
It's human nature to be curious no? I crack jokes about it but I've never been attracted to a girl... What about guys? I reckon they wouldn't want to admit thinking about anything to do with the same sex. :biggrin:
Reply 4
I wouldn't say so. I've kissed girls before, as jokes, dares, or in games (generally when drunk) but I have never been attracted to a female. Just because kissing them doesn't bother me doesn't make me actually attracted to them, haha.
Kate.
I wouldn't say so. I've kissed girls before, as jokes, dares, or in games (generally when drunk) but I have never been attracted to a female. Just because kissing them doesn't bother me doesn't make me actually attracted to them, haha.

that's what they all say :wink:
Reply 6
Possibly girls find it less taboo or of a big deal to kiss other girls than guys and guys. Doesn't really mean there's an attraction there.
Reply 7
i'm 110% straight. i could never be attracted to a girl, never do anything with a girl, never have a relationship with a girl. i can, however, appreciate female beauty but it's only in the same way i'd appreciate anything aesthetically pleasing. i like penises too much :smile:
I've actually had this discussion so many times now at school (sorry, but that's what happens to you when you're bored in the common room at a girls' school!)

Basically, some were completely against it - some for religious reasons (and so I don't know what they really feel) and some just said they have never felt anything for girls and couldn't even kiss a girl.

For me, I know that I'm straight (although went through a veeeerry strange phase recently!), so don't find kissing girls at all strange because I'm comfortable with my sexuality. Many of the people I've had this discussion with feel exactly the same. But I don't actually think being comfortable with kissing girls makes you a little bit bi because your sexuality is about your sexual feelings/desires, not purely about your actions. For example, a man can be gay but married to a woman (and sleeping with her), this doesn't make him straight.

I've said I'm straight in that I definitely fancy guys, but I can occassionally think hmm yeh about a girl, but don't think I could go very far with girls at all. So I'd call this straight, not bi. But I guess, it's all very subjective really.
Reply 9
Iam 100% straight also, ive never had a relationship with a girl and never done anything with one either. I hug my girl mates but thats about it.

In relation to your question, no i dont think all girls are bi.
Wouldnt it just be less of a big deal. Girls are generally more touchy feely than guys, and although they may not feel attracted to other girls, they might not mind just snogging a friend once in a while. I know pleanty of girls who have done so, yet dont class themselves as anything but straight.
Reply 11
grace
i'm 110% straight. i could never be attracted to a girl, never do anything with a girl, never have a relationship with a girl. i can, however, appreciate female beauty but it's only in the same way i'd appreciate anything aesthetically pleasing. i like penises too much :smile:

I agree...as said above I may appreciate female beauty for example angelina jolie! but i'd never do anythin with a girl, i just find it really weird.
Glory
Iam 100% straight also, ive never had a relationship with a girl and never done anything with one either. I hug my girl mates but thats about it.

In relation to your question, no i dont think all girls are bi.

perhaps the OP means, are women biologically/socially susceptible to greater feelings of bi-curiousity than the male sex???
Reply 13
all girls are a little bit bi if all boys want a big fat willy shoved up their wee bottoms.. so no, i don't agree with your silly friend
Reply 14
sam_sam
all girls are a little bit bi if all boys want a big fat willy shoved up their wee bottoms.. so no, i don't agree with your silly friend

But that's her point. She thinks that all girls do have those urges or are curious but guys don't. However, from reading the about, it seems like a lot of girls would be happy to snog thier mates/ other girls but don't think they are bi. If a guy did this (with a guy) would you not think he might be just a little it bi? Or is there a double standard here?
Reply 15
I completely disagree. My friend has tried arguing that all girls are bi, but it isn't true. I have no feelings towards women and would never want to kiss another girl! A lot of my girl mates agree... Personally I think girls only say that to hide something...
But that's her point. She thinks that all girls do have those urges or are curious but guys don't. However, from reading the about, it seems like a lot of girls would be happy to snog thier mates/ other girls but don't think they are bi. If a guy did this (with a guy) would you not think he might be just a little it bi? Or is there a double standard here?

You make a good point.. I think there is a double standard. I know that even I (and I consider myself to be quite open-minded and relatively non-judgemental) wouldn't think a girl who I thought was straight was bi if they kissed another girl, but if I saw a guy who I thought was straight kissing a guy I would think they were bi/gay! Weird isn't it. Well, I'll be sure to erase that double standard in my brain now that you've brought it up!
Reply 17
in a word, no.
Reply 18
it wouldn't make sense from an evolutionary point of view for all women to be intrinsically bi. i think your friend is perhaps picking up on the fact that in this day and age it is more 'fashionable' for a girl to be bi and as such many girls may be curious, but it is certainly not correct to suggest that every single woman has bisexual curiosity, let alone actually being bisexual.
Reply 19
girls may be more sensual but that doesn't mean they have genuine feelings (as in 'in love' kinda feelings) for other girls, in the same way that not all boys have feelings for other boys. however if the question was, are girls up for a bit of action with their girls mates more than lads are, then yeah probably.

Latest

Trending

Trending