The Student Room Group

My girlfriend is bisexual and wants to kiss other girls.

I'm a 17 year old male and my girlfriend is bisexual with no gender preference. I started dating her 9 months ago and it's gone pretty well but she wants to kiss girls on the cheeks which I'm not comfortable with and I've addressed this with her. She said, after much deliberation, that she'd stop but recently she saw a tiktok again about a girl kissing another girl on the cheek but wants to do it again. How do I make her understand that it's wrong because she's bisexual and in a relationship? I'm not comfortable with it because she can and has been attracted to other women before and even if she's not attracted to them now as she's with me it still makes me uncomfortable and I think it's something that can be easily avoided.
“That’s not something I’m comfortable with”.
Why is she kissing so many girls on the cheek and in what context? If that's just how she greets her friends and stuff then I don't really see an issue with it, but if her kissing chicks on the cheek has some sexual or romantic aspect to it for her then yeah, she should definitely respect that you're uncomfortable with it. If she keeps doing it then you may have to kiss her arse goodbye.
Original post by Anonymous
How do I make her understand that it's wrong

Dunno, I'm not convinced? For a lot of people that's just how they greet people, no different to a hug or a handshake. I'd see the point if it was big smackers on the lips or some sort of constant thing, but I'm not sure how being bi changes a greeting to 'wrong'

I mean, if it makes you uncomfortable I'm not calling you a liar, but I'd consider your position the more extreme of the two.
I'm a 17 year old male and my girlfriend is bisexual with no gender preference. I started dating her 9 months ago and it's gone pretty well but she wants to kiss girls on the cheeks which I'm not comfortable with and I've addressed this with her. She said, after much deliberation, that she'd stop but recently she saw a tiktok again about a girl kissing another girl on the cheek but wants to do it again. How do I make her understand that it's wrong because she's bisexual and in a relationship? I'm not comfortable with it because she can and has been attracted to other women before and even if she's not attracted to them now as she's with me it still makes me uncomfortable and I think it's something that can be easily avoided.

Something that you’re not comfortable with accept it if she has no preference of gender and her orientation is bisexual accept it mate and be respectful of it. If your uncomfortable then look at separating ways but if she identify as that there’s nothing you can do about it buddy 🤷🏽*♂️
Reply 5
Original post by Mohammed_80
Something that you’re not comfortable with accept it if she has no preference of gender and her orientation is bisexual accept it mate and be respectful of it. If your uncomfortable then look at separating ways but if she identify as that there’s nothing you can do about it buddy 🤷🏽*♂️

Nooo idm her being bi just I don't like her kissing other girls because of her being bi thats all
Nooo idm her being bi just I don't like her kissing other girls because of her being bi thats all

Its her preference man if she feels that way what can you necessarily do about it
If you don't like your gf kissing other people because it makes you feel jealous or disgusted, that's probably a sign that you are
dating the wrong person or not suited to having a relationship.
I don't like seeing grown up people kiss each other but most people in the uk either do it themselves or don't mind when others do.

Context matters. Like does she kiss her mom or sisters on the cheek, is it long-term friends you both know?

Be honest with yourself. Is this because you don't trust her? If you don't then why don't you?

Ultimately if you are not happy with your gf's behaviour and you can't agree about then you have to decided if it is the right relationship for you.
3 posts within the thread already questioning whether your in the right relationship or not mate…
Reply 10
Context matters. Like does she kiss her mom or sisters on the cheek, is it long-term friends you both know?

Be honest with yourself. Is this because you don't trust her? If you don't then why don't you?

Ultimately if you are not happy with your gf's behaviour and you can't agree about then you have to decided if it is the right relationship for you.

No no I completely trust her it's just smth I don't like, it's like her going out one on one with her old crush, I don't like it but I fully trust she won't do anything
No no I completely trust her it's just smth I don't like, it's like her going out one on one with her old crush, I don't like it but I fully trust she won't do anything

The obvious thing to establish is your comfort over her being bixsexual or not

I would understand (somewhat) if she was kissing them on the lips, but if it's on the cheek, it doesn't really mean anything.

I mean, in evening social occasions, I kiss almost all girls on the cheek when I see them; those with boyfriends included. The guys don't mind as they know it doesn't mean anything and it's just standard protocol. It's no different to a hand shake (IMHO, it doesn't seem right shaking a girls hand or the modern equivalents (e.g. "Hi 5", "fist-bumps" etc.)). I don't know your social status, but in middle class circles, it seems normal.

For example in France (and some other European / Francophone countries), it's pretty much the standard way of greeting someone (it's called "fais la bise" even guys will kiss each other ffs). Then there's the different ways in which it varies in certain regions (e.g. do you give a single kiss or one on each cheek?).

Original post by StriderHort
Dunno, I'm not convinced? For a lot of people that's just how they greet people, no different to a hug or a handshake. I'd see the point if it was big smackers on the lips or some sort of constant thing, but I'm not sure how being bi changes a greeting to 'wrong'

I mean, if it makes you uncomfortable I'm not calling you a liar, but I'd consider your position the more extreme of the two.

Agreed.
(edited 7 months ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending