The Student Room Group

Girlfriend sees other guys, just them two

Right, lets get this straight, I love my girlfriend and I trust her.
We have been together for nearly 8 months. But the only problem I have, is that she sees other guys, just them two, she has met like 5/6 different guys, just them two, going out, doing stuff, it really does make me feel uncomfortable, really does, she wouldn't like it if I did this, every time I bring this up, she gets all annoyed and falls out with me, saying she will leave me.
I don't know what to do? Because it really pisses me off that she is willing to make me feel like this, and doesn't even think about explaining or even talking about them, I know nothing about them, and the thing is, I will probably never meet them, she doesn't want me there. She says it will be awkward and all that, I have never met any of her friends.
Am I being too paranoid? Is this normal?
Thanks
Has she said why it will be to awkward? It's kinda weird she won't let you meet them and gets angry when you bring it up. If she's saying she will leave you simply because you're asking she's out of order. You should maybe tell her the stuff you've written on here, otherwise you'll keep feeling like s*it about it. I would be paranoid too so don't worry about it. Maybe if she met your friends (maybe she has already I dont know) she might feel better about you seeing her friends?
Reply 2
You are perfectly justified. You are a male and you know the male mind, go figure.
Reply 3
Mmm, no doesn't sound good.

A girlfriend having male friends is perfectly normal. Even going out alone with them is normal. But getting defensive over it, refusing to talk about them, let you meet them, threatening to leave you for her suspicious behavior...that's not normal. I'm not really sure what she's trying to achieve by acting that way. I'd maybe push her again, and if she won't give you a straight answer then suggest she should leave if she doesn't respect you enough to include you in her life.
Reply 4
I feel the same about my boyfriend and his girl mates, as does he with my male friends. What we found really helps is if I meet his girl friends and he meets my guy friends - you can suss them out a bit more

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 5
be careful you don't want anything. protect yourself. you should know what she is like and if she would be cheating, look for signs.
She's threatening to leave you? That escalated a bit too quickly..

I understand where you're coming from, the main issue is trust here. It doesn't look like you trust her fully. Tricky situation, but your reasons are justified :yes:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending