The Student Room Group

Bad habits your parents gave you

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Wild Nothing
Me too, none of my friends understand it at all :confused:

Haha yh, I don't know why I does it but yesterday, I removed the desk from my room to out a tarantula tank in there, so we cut it up and took it to the skip. I feel strangely sad about. It's well annoying! Even as I'm trying to keep my hard man look at the social club!
I've seen my grandma pick her nose until it bleeds and my dad (her son) does the same, it's gross but funny as **** cause their both bleeding, ad she's showing everyone her bloody hanky.
Original post by Sphodromantis
Haha yh, I don't know why I does it but yesterday, I removed the desk from my room to out a tarantula tank in there, so we cut it up and took it to the skip. I feel strangely sad about. It's well annoying! Even as I'm trying to keep my hard man look at the social club!

Surely having owned a tarantula makes you somewhat of a hard man? :wink: I had a clear out of all the things in my bedroom that had accumulated since I was about 12 and I felt so guilty, it's so fustrating!
Original post by Wild Nothing
Surely having owned a tarantula makes you somewhat of a hard man? :wink: I had a clear out of all the things in my bedroom that had accumulated since I was about 12 and I felt so guilty, it's so fustrating!

Yeh, you'd think that but I don't know man. :smile:
It is very frustrating and sad, and even more annoying when people around you don't understand it. Lol, I even cried at Toy Story 3 lol :P.
Reply 44
Original post by Ben Kenobi
what an awful thing to say
Well she was a pretty awful person. If you could see who she was and what she did to me, you'd think so too. I'm hardly going to love and respect her after what she did to me. So don't judge.
They haven't actually given me any bad habits, but both my parents are incredibly dumb and insecure.
I'm a hopeful medic, and my mother thought history was a science subject.
Reply 46
Peppering my vocabulary with Only fools and horses quotes.
From my dad: Taking far too long to answer questions
From my mum: Crying whenever I laugh too much
Original post by Sphodromantis
Yeh, you'd think that but I don't know man. :smile:
It is very frustrating and sad, and even more annoying when people around you don't understand it. Lol, I even cried at Toy Story 3 lol :P.

Hahaha they all just think I'm being silly! I cried right at the very end, I think they were actually tears of joy :tongue:
I wouldnt say its an entirely bad habit, more of a trait but, I am incredibly generous when it comes to random people asking me for stuff, if a random person asked me for a spare fag in the street ill give it to them.

If i was carrying krispy cremes and a kid come up to me asking for one, id give it to them etc.

Its good however it gets to the point where you feel used and sometimes your friends abuse it.
Reply 50
My parents were paranoid-no exaggeration-about who any unknown person at the front door could be.

To the extent that whenever someone knocked we would all immediately stop whatever we were doing and either stop breathing or dive for cover if we were near a window.

Then whenever the person went away there would ensue a 30 minute discussion over who it could have been often leading to arguments and me getting smacked when I would cry in exasperation,

"Why dont you just open the ******* door then.Jesus Christ!"

As for what bad habits this has given me:

a tendency to swear
Reply 51
Mumbling and weaving through crowds so that you get places faster but lose whoever you're with :lol: Both from my dad!
Reply 52
Original post by chickenonsteroids
:lol: yea the mini roundabouts thankfully!

I was going to say! :smile:
Reply 53
Ain't a bad habit per say. But I'm very clean. Clean as in spotlessly clean and can't ever have a messy house / room.
Deeply cynical demeanour from my dad, and a terrible temper from my mum.
Biting nails, worrying and being argumentative :smile:
Using my conscience too much and struggling to eat healthily:frown:
Very poor diet. Smoking (kicked the habit) and biting ones nails... (also kicked the habit).
Reply 58
Original post by thoyub
Overthinking things, from my dad. My mum could have given me the habit of being a trashy druggie alcoholic but luckily she died before it could affect me in any bad way.

good or bad mum, you shouldn't call her trashy. She probably made some mistakes but you don't know what she was going through
Reply 59
Mum: she's too sensitive and loving. She gets moist eyes at most movies, at situations happy or sad. Not that it's bad, but I think she's finally rubbing off on me and making me a "sweet human". My friends keep teasing me about how I've lost my sarcastic edge. :colonhash:

Dad: Perfectionism. Everytime I catch myself being too pedantic, I mentally flip myself at the back of my head. :unimpressed:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest