The Student Room Group
Studying in halls, University of Cambridge
University of Cambridge
Cambridge

Cambridge postgraduate applicants 2014/15

Scroll to see replies

Reply 980
Original post by LauriK
Anyone heard back from Department of Psychology yet?

[EDIT] Oops, just read your post above. Too bad! :frown:
(edited 10 years ago)
Studying in halls, University of Cambridge
University of Cambridge
Cambridge
Original post by LauriK
Well, dept of Psychology had their PhD meeting today and they offered me a rejection. Oh well.

Sorry to hear that

Original post by sofiapofia
Got an offer for the PhD in Linguistic last week! Yayyy

:jive: yay for linguistics!!
Reply 982
Original post by LauriK
Well, dept of Psychology had their PhD meeting today and they offered me a rejection. Oh well.

Sorry to hear that too :frown: - how do you find out about the meetings?
Has anybody heart back from DAMTP or the Physics department yet? I am "still under consideration" and am wondering...

Thanks!
Original post by kw92
I've just sent off my £50 for an MPhil in Intellectual Thought and Political History. Deadline is March 31st but I'm worried I've left it a bit too late! Just tweaking my proposal now so hopefully I'll have everything sorted by tomorrow. I'm assuming everyone who has been receiving offers didn't apply as late as me?

Good luck to everyone.

Good luck! :smile:

Out of interest, what was the subject of your proposal?
Original post by squeryl
Yep, I got this today, and was confused for a start as I'd already uploaded it back in November... then I realised they've just sent it to everyone. In theory AHRC funding is only meant to be given to people who are using the masters as research preparation, so they just want an indication that you do actually intend to continue. I just outlined the scope for extending my MPhil topic in certain directions, hopefully that's good enough. It doesn't sound like they're looking for anything fully-formed at the moment.

Original post by BrownBear90
Any fellow History/specifically Early Modern offer-holders out there - did anyone else receive an email today about needing to provide a "Continuation to PhD" document, uploaded to camsis, in order to be considered for funding? And is this just in general for the public funding? The last I heard from the funding side of things was the email before Christmas about not needing to directly apply for AHRC until they let us know.

I replied stating that my existing application had explicitly but not substantively indicated my wish for continuation to PhD (i.e. it merely cited my want to expand my M.Phil at PhD within the department), and they said that was sufficient. Doesn't take much! :smile:
Reply 986
Hey, anyone applied to the Medicine Department for a PhD? If so, anyone have any responses? Still waiting on mine to change from "under consideration by department".
Any one heard from Fac of Law?
I'll join the club: Anyone heard from JBS?
Original post by *Corinna*
May I ask why? It isn't a very popular choice...

Well, because they had lots of generous funding availae compared to some of the other colleges.

Why isn't it popular?
Meeee :-) I'm 'being considered by the degree committee' apparently
Original post by xxxfairymaryxxx
Meeee :-) I'm 'being considered by the degree committee' apparently

For which course?
Original post by xxxfairymaryxxx
Well, because they had lots of generous funding availae compared to some of the other colleges.

Why isn't it popular?

I think mainly because it's quite far away. I also remember looking into their funding, but then you didn't have to apply to the college to be considered for them (a couple of years ago), so I applied to them without applying to the college.
Hi everyone. My College Membership status still says "Seeking College membership". It has been there for like two weeks. Is that normal? Anyone knows how long does it usually take to get a college membership? So curious about which college I will be in!:tongue: BTW, I put Churchill as my first choice. I would be doing Mphil Finance & Economics. Thanks a lot! :biggrin:
Original post by fillthegap
Hi everyone. My College Membership status still says "Seeking College membership". It has been there for like two weeks. Is that normal? Anyone knows how long does it usually take to get a college membership? So curious about which college I will be in!:tongue: BTW, I put Churchill as my first choice. I would be doing Mphil Finance & Economics. Thanks a lot! :biggrin:

A month or two is normal.

It took me a month to get a college offer after two preferences rejected me.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 995

It took my application 3 weeks to be accepted by Churchill
Original post by Historiana
A month or two is normal.

It took me a month to get a college offer after two preferences rejected me.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Thanks for your reply! I just receive an offer from Churchill like minutes after I posted this question. LOL
Original post by drgazal
It took my application 3 weeks to be accepted by Churchill

I just received an offer from Churchill! Strange feeling when I receive the offer minutes after I posted this question! lol!! Are you still in Churchill?
Reply 998
I just received an offer from Churchill! Strange feeling when I receive the offer minutes after I posted this question! lol!! Are you still in Churchill?

I am an offer holder for PhD in Vet Med and was allocated Churchill few weeks ago.
Original post by drgazal
I am an offer holder for PhD in Vet Med and was allocated Churchill few weeks ago.

Brilliant! I would be doing a master there so we might even be neighbours. :tongue:Not sure about the accommodation policy though. Anyway, see you there!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending