The Student Room Group

Carphone Warehouse Training

Scroll to see replies

Reply 40
Ahh okay :smile: thank you so much for all your help! The training days are paid right? :P also is it weekly or monthly wages?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 41
Thanks for the info mbs, I'm not taking up the offer for accommodation (hence the travelling instead), so I'm guessing it covers the Law of Contract, Supply of Goods and Services Act & Sale of Goods Act? :biggrin: I was a little nervous about that test, but since your insight, I'm not too bothered (I have a degree in Trading Standards - which should help with the statutory bits).

and Boss - yes it's paid. Monthly payments on the second Friday of the month
(edited 10 years ago)
Wow you'll fly pastvthe training then! :yep: There isnt actually a huge emphasis on the sale laws however they are mentioned. I would make a point to question the trainers about the different laws and how they play a role in your job
Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 43
Ahh brilliant! Thanks guys for all your help! Much appreciated :smile: I havent yet heard back from them since tuesday when i completed my background check and gave them the details of my uniform :/

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 44
I've just been given my training. Its in Birmingham, has anyone or anyone you know trained there?
Reply 45
Sorry i am no help to you.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Any of you guys in London on the 9th?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 47
Yes I am!! Thats what they have emailed me saying that i have been 'provisionally booked for the 9th of september' and i emailed them back to confirm it! But i have had no email since.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Boss786
Yes I am!! Thats what they have emailed me saying that i have been 'provisionally booked for the 9th of september' and i emailed them back to confirm it! But i have had no email since.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Oh awesome. I got no email in the first place, haha. My manager emailed them back for me and just forwarded it to me but heard nothing since. He said to me it was in Tottenham Court Road starting 9.30am though, do you know if this is right? What store are you at?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 49
Anyone starting in Preston today?
Enjoy your training guys! :smile: Hope I've been of some help

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 51
Original post by will2348
Oh awesome. I got no email in the first place, haha. My manager emailed them back for me and just forwarded it to me but heard nothing since. He said to me it was in Tottenham Court Road starting 9.30am though, do you know if this is right? What store are you at?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Hey,

Just got confirmation from my manager that I'll be training in London next week although I havent recieved the e-mail yet :/

He said that the training will be at 'Centre Point' which is literally right next to Tottenham Court tube station and that it starts on Tuesday the 10th, not the 9th like they originally said. :smile:
Reply 52
Hey,
All i know is that i'm going to be training in London but i have not yet been given any address as to where the training actually is? My manager texted me saying he is going to ring me tomorrow, so hopefully everything should be sorted by tomorrow! :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Boss786
Hey,
All i know is that i'm going to be training in London but i have not yet been given any address as to where the training actually is? My manager texted me saying he is going to ring me tomorrow, so hopefully everything should be sorted by tomorrow! :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yeah, I've had no information at all either apart from what my manager has said.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 54
Hi all my training is on the 9th in Bristol, any of you guys on that one?
Reply 55
An update: 2 days into the 4, do not worry at all about your induction course. It's a good laugh, very much relaxed by the second day, better atmosphere, good conversation with others.
Its not as cheesy as I've seen suggested, but you do a lot of presenting and team work tasks.
Got my FCA test tomorrow, not worried in the slightest. It's not as bad as it sounds. It's more like a test about the procedure you must follow in order to sell insurance, not necessarily testing you on the legal system.
For tomorrow, we're not bothering with smart clothes, its been 2 days of shirt & tie, tomorrow is jeans and a top.

for you guys on the 9th, enjoy yourself, it's not THAT bad.
Reply 56
Ahh thanks for that! Really boosted my confidence :smile:, is it a four day training? I thought it was three?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 57
It is 4 yeah, used to be 3 though apparently.
If you're not used to long days, be prepared to be knackered. I'm travelling by train each day, so for me: I leave the house at 7am and am getting back in between 7.30 and 8pm.
Right, got a confirmation email. They gave me train tickets to and from the wrong location though, sigh.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Are you guys sure we get paid for this and not just our expenses?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending