The Student Room Group

English Applicants 2014

Scroll to see replies

Original post by misschatoyant
Regarding Bristol, I sent mine in on the 25th of October and got my offer about 2 weeks later :smile: still waiting on king's, UCL and Warwick!

Thank you for the info, funnily enough I got mine yesterday so about 3 weeks later! Good luck with the rest of your offers :smile:
Original post by Amapola
Nope, unfortunately they're set in stone :/

*hugs* That must be so harsh on you, I hope Christmas and New Year take your mind off it all for a bit.

Original post by shaken-pine
Hi, weren't you going to be interviewed at Cambridge? How did that go? :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Haha, yes I was! It was very different from what I was expecting, but I think I did okay. Obviously there's stuff I wish I had said and also I spent the whole thing talking like a little kid on a sugar high, but here's hoping I didn't make any huge mistakes! I'm trying not to think about the outcome now, but there's 2 weeks to go...

It makes me feel a little better to know I'm not the only one waiting! :frown:

Yeah, definitely not the only one! I've posted so many times about UCL's radio silence that I think it's pretty obvious how much I'm obsessing over it :tongue: And then they sent me an email about scholarships today! Just add salt to the wound why don't you, UCL! :wink:
Original post by SixteenHundred

Haha, yes I was! It was very different from what I was expecting, but I think I did okay. Obviously there's stuff I wish I had said and also I spent the whole thing talking like a little kid on a sugar high, but here's hoping I didn't make any huge mistakes! I'm trying not to think about the outcome now, but there's 2 weeks to go...
/QUOTE]

Just trying to compare it with Oxford-- how were the interviews structured?
Original post by shaken-pine
Just trying to compare it with Oxford-- how were the interviews structured?

Oh I see - sorry! Well, I don't want to be too specific, but it was a written test comparing two poems followed by two interviews which featured discussion of my PS, an unseen poem, an unseen piece of prose, and my submitted essays. Yours?
Original post by SixteenHundred
Oh I see - sorry! Well, I don't want to be too specific, but it was a written test comparing two poems followed by two interviews which featured discussion of my PS, an unseen poem, an unseen piece of prose, and my submitted essays. Yours?

Haha yeah it's probably not a good idea to be specific...we received an unseen poem before each interview (which we had to prepare) and then we discussed that in the interview. Aside from that, we also discussed my PST. I was quite surprised that they didn't ask about my submitted essays or the ELAT though!
Reply 385
Original post by Eleantris
Got an offer from King's College London today! (AAA) I'm so happy!
:biggrin:

OH WOW AMAZING. What did you get for AS/GCSE/Predictions??
Reply 386
Original post by ohmars
OH WOW AMAZING. What did you get for AS/GCSE/Predictions??

Um, at GCSE I got 7 A*s and 5As, AAAAA at AS and I think I'm predicted A*A*A :smile:
Anyone heard from St. Andrews yet?
Original post by GrammarGirl
Anyone heard from St. Andrews yet?

Yes :smile: sent my app in oct 25 and got my offer 3 weeks later :smile: good luck!!
Yes :smile: sent my app in oct 25 and got my offer 3 weeks later :smile: good luck!!

well done, that's so good! :biggrin: just wondering, are you an oversea applicant or uk?
Original post by GrammarGirl
well done, that's so good! :biggrin: just wondering, are you an oversea applicant or uk?

Oversea :smile:
Reply 391
Just received an email from QMUL asking for an interview, yey! I applied in early December :smile:
Reply 392

Congrats! Oh that's alright, it's on the 5th of February, what about you?
Reply 393
Offer from Cambridge today! Was not expecting it at all, so am beyond happy :biggrin:
Reply 394
Offer from Cambridge today! Was not expecting it at all, so am beyond happy :biggrin:

Congratulations! :biggrin:
Reply 395

Congrats! Just sent you a message :smile: x
Reply 396

wow congrats!!!

Congratulations! I'm still waiting on a response but not optimistic :s-smilie:

Congratulations!!! :biggrin:

Posted from TSR Mobile

WOOO well done!!!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending