The Student Room Group

English Applicants 2014

Scroll to see replies

Reply 660
Original post by BeccyW
Many people heard from Edinburgh yet? It's the only one I'm waiting on and I'm beginning to lose hope of a positive result now...

Posted from TSR Mobile

You're not alone.... but I know people who have had rejections, so we're not out of the game yet!
Reply 661
When did your application get sent off if you don't mind me asking? And was your offer for queen Mary received yesterday?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 662
Original post by ALPB
You're not alone.... but I know people who have had rejections, so we're not out of the game yet!

I guess that's kind of reassuring. Would be great if they could let us know soon though, huh? :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Received AAA offer from UCL this morning :smile:
Reply 664
Original post by Dead End Street

Wow well done! :-)

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 665
Ahh thank you. I'm still waiting! Mine wasn't sent off until 7th of January though so fingers crossed!
What are your predicted grades if you don't mind me asking?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Anyone still waiting for/recently heard from exeter? And if you are/have, when did you apply? :smile:
Reply 667

Congrats. What was your predicted grades?
Original post by Urban Ace
Congrats. What was your predicted grades?

A*AA
Reply 669
Has anyone heard from Bristol??

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 670
Original post by S123.
Has anyone heard from Bristol??

Posted from TSR Mobile

I heard from Bristol some time last year. I think it was November. They seem to be doing offers in dribs and drabs though, so I wouldn't worry too much. Good luck. :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 671
Original post by BeccyW
I heard from Bristol some time last year. I think it was November. They seem to be doing offers in dribs and drabs though, so I wouldn't worry too much. Good luck. :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Okay, thanks for the reassurance! Hope your applications are going well! :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 672
Anyone still not heard back from Durham? It's been nearly 5 months now and I feel like I'm the only one left!
Original post by LibbyMae
Anyone still not heard back from Durham? It's been nearly 5 months now and I feel like I'm the only one left!

Five months for me too and on Friday I heard that I am not receiving an offer. Totally bummed as I really wanted to be there. But hey, onward and upward. Definitely nothing to do with my results (I'm IB) as I'm predicted 43 with 7,7,6 (Higher level English, History and Latin). I have offers from Bristol, Warwick and Edinburgh and just waiting for St Andrews now.

Best of luck though with Durham - I hope you get an offer! :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Congrats! That was a long wait!
I just firmed UEA and insured Leicester, has anyone else firmed UEA?
Original post by Foreverneek
I firmed Birmingham! The structure of the course + whether I liked the campus/area were factors I considered : I preferred Warwick's campus but Birmingham's course is better. I hope you get in to, and have fun at, your firm choice :biggrin: I just ordered Angels of America - it looks like an interesting read :smile: I found a book with both parts in it for £9.09 with free delivery! Funny, I usually try and avoid novels: I'm more of a poetry person :')

Oooh, where did you find that from?! And Oh really? I looooooove novels I have so much. The only Poetry I have is WJEC GCSE Anthology and Paradise Lost books 9-10... I don't like reading things that are so short. It's probs cause I have a low attention span aha :P
Got a rejection from Warwick. I'm absolutely devastated as it was my first choice. I have offers from York, Nottingham, Birmingham and Kent. I don't know if I should take one of those offers or reapply next year.
Reply 678
Original post by bookluva4eva
Got a rejection from Warwick. I'm absolutely devastated as it was my first choice. I have offers from York, Nottingham, Birmingham and Kent. I don't know if I should take one of those offers or reapply next year.

Sorry to hear that!

I would go to York... Have you been to an open day?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by ohmars
Sorry to hear that!

I would go to York... Have you been to an open day?

Posted from TSR Mobile

No as I'm an international student. I did go and visit the campus on my own and loved it. The only reason I'm hesitant is that I don't think I can do a lot of creative writing in the course.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending