The Student Room Group
University of York
York

When will I get the joining instructions email?

Just had my place confirmed this morning. I am aware that before I can apply for accommodation I will need a University of York email which comes from the joining instructions email. How fast does this email get sent out?
Thanks
My place was confirmed on Thursday and I got it yesterday afternoon. They say they send them all out by Monday. I wouldn't panic until then.
University of York
York
Reply 2
Original post by CoaCelebrate
My place was confirmed on Thursday and I got it yesterday afternoon. They say they send them all out by Monday. I wouldn't panic until then.

Ok thank you for your reply.
Reply 3
I got mine today. Confused about accommodation though... I thought you could book as soon as you got that email but the website is telling me I can't book until the 20th?
Reply 4
Original post by ed-
I got mine today. Confused about accommodation though... I thought you could book as soon as you got that email but the website is telling me I can't book until the 20th?

Not sure where you got the idea of being able to book as soon as you got the email from? It's always been said that people who put York as Firm can apply for accommodation on the 20th and those who put York as Insurance (And I assume people who got in through clearing) can do so on the 21st.

It'd hardly be fair if the time you got your randomly selected email determined what accommodation you got :tongue:
Reply 5
Original post by TMcn
Not sure where you got the idea of being able to book as soon as you got the email from? It's always been said that people who put York as Firm can apply for accommodation on the 20th and those who put York as Insurance (And I assume people who got in through clearing) can do so on the 21st.

It'd hardly be fair if the time you got your randomly selected email determined what accommodation you got :tongue:

Yeah I've heard a lot of talk about the accommodation system being unfair, I guess I assumed that was the reasoning behind it.
Oh well I guess it's an early start on the 20th then!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending