The Student Room Group

Application,10,000 Black Interns

Has anyone applied for any investment banking and asset management roles at 10,000 Black Interns? I really want to know how the whole process is like and what interviews are like

Scroll to see replies

I haven't applied to intership yet, but i'm hoping to do so soon.

I'm trying to answer the questions.

But i dont think i'm choosing investment banking and asset management.

Have you applied?
Original post by Jaycee_88
I haven't applied to intership yet, but i'm hoping to do so soon.

I'm trying to answer the questions.

But i dont think i'm choosing investment banking and asset management.

Have you applied?

I'm about to, just drafting up my cover letter. I'm picking investment banking, investment management and consulting.

I'm unfamiliar with the process tho
Original post by ThatMan1555
I'm about to, just drafting up my cover letter. I'm picking investment banking, investment management and consulting.

I'm unfamiliar with the process tho

I'm taking accounting an finance, corporate an insurance.

I'm unfamiliar as well with it. Hope we get through it.
I'm taking accounting an finance, corporate an insurance.

I'm unfamiliar as well with it. Hope we get through it.

That's great! From what I've seen, once you've submitted you get selected by a number of firms for an interview.
Sounds intimating, I'm a first year Uni student so I have no idea how technical some of these questions will be but I'm looking forward to it.
Since application close, have you heard back from any firms?
Since application close, have you heard back from any firms?

No, but I wonder how long it takes. I think the faq says from 14th. I must assume a lot of people applied.

The only email I had received was to join events. But nothing for interview. I'm excited and hope it turns permanent.

And I hope they give you a placement and then graduate scheme if you want them.
No, but I wonder how long it takes. I think the faq says from 14th. I must assume a lot of people applied.

The only email I had received was to join events. But nothing for interview. I'm excited and hope it turns permanent.

And I hope they give you a placement and then graduate scheme if you want them.

Thank you! I think quite a few people applied but no idea how competitive it is. I find it strange that i can hardly find anyone talking about it on the forums.
I've also only been emailed about events and training but looking forward to future interviews! Wishing you the best and will keep you updated!
Thank you! I think quite a few people applied but no idea how competitive it is. I find it strange that i can hardly find anyone talking about it on the forums.
I've also only been emailed about events and training but looking forward to future interviews! Wishing you the best and will keep you updated!

Yea I find it strange as well and I wonder how rejection works as well. but at the very least they have taken at least 2000 people per cycle.
Reply 9
Yup have only received training for pre interview and other events. I expect we should get an email update this week hopefully!
normally they should email us which firms we are allocated to. That’s what happened with me when I applied last year
Reply 11
How long did it take to get your email detailing the allocation of your firms?
Original post by a2300
How long did it take to get your email detailing the allocation of your firms?

Like a week or two after, i think. I don’t remember too much
Original post by a2300
Yup have only received training for pre interview and other events. I expect we should get an email update this week hopefully!

I'm guessing next week in December.
Original post by Karrie123
normally they should email us which firms we are allocated to. That’s what happened with me when I applied last year

Oh nicee, what did you apply to? How were interviews? Haven't been able to access the pre-interview training recordings cause they didn't add the password lol
Oh nicee, what did you apply to? How were interviews? Haven't been able to access the pre-interview training recordings cause they didn't add the password lol

I didn't even get that email and i joined the sessions as well
Anyone started getting interviews and offers back yet?
Reply 17
Original post by junior.yk

Not yet
Original post by junior.yk

Not yet. Have you?

Wish we would get a proper timeline.
Reply 19
Just received an email that I’ve been connected to Lloyds banking group! Is it only one firm or would I get another email stating that I’ve been connected to other firms?😅

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending