no you may NOT smoke in my room
Student in the Laboratory, Lancaster University
Lancaster University
Lancaster
Visit website
Reply 2
wildfire

you know very well that wasn't the question.
Reply 3
well on the form, it asked smoking or non-smoking area
so this is my guess, if you are in a smoking area, then you may smoke in your room?

but it would be disgusting! :P
Reply 4
You can smoke in your room in a non smoking area, as long as you don't make the whole place stink of smoke and no-one ever has to smell it.

Having said that, the girl in the room below mine used to smoke out of her window, meaning i could never open mine cos the smoke came in.
As far as I know in smoking accomodation you may smoke in your room but NOT in your corridor or kitchen.

Wasnt there something about banning smoking on the spine? or am i imaging that?
Reply 6
butterflytears

Wasnt there something about banning smoking on the spine? or am i imaging that?

There was, but it never came to anything.
Reply 7
I have nothing against other people smoking and I didnt tick non smoking area on my form because i assumed that people cant smoke in the kitchen and corridors anyway?! am i wrong in assuming that?

smoking in your room is fair enough (as long as the smoke alarms dont go off!) but surely smoking in the shared areas would be abit inconsiderate?
Reply 8
In a smoking house you can smoke in your room only. Not in any of the communal areas.
Reply 9
wildfire

or mine. it's a disgusting habit and should be band everywhere. (ex smoker!)
JollyJo
or mine. it's a disgusting habit and should be band everywhere. (ex smoker!)

I totally agree, except for the ex smoker bit i've never smoked and never will!
Reply 11
the intention wasn't to debate smoking....it was a question about existing policy.
Yeah you can smoke in your room as long as you put down on your form that you wanted smoking.
I'm not a smoker myself, but it's a tad mean ganging up on someone who smokes because you don't like it. I don't like it myself, and will ask someone to turn away if their smoke is floating towards me, but I won't lecture them. Give the dude a break :biggrin:
Reply 14
I ticked non smoking even though I am a smoker. Got away with smoking in my room as its a heat alarm in your room and not a smoke alarm. Also got away with doing it in the kitchen but by the window.

It's easy to get away with as porters used to walk past my window late at night and not say a word.

Just respect the wishes of your fellow dorm people and it won't be a problem.
Reply 15
so i take it if i choose to wear a sherlock holmes costume for fancy dress in furness' Fresher's week then i'm going to have to omit his pipe?!

...sorry, i know, very poor!!

x
Reply 16
you can smoke in a non-smoking area because the alarms in the rooms and corridors are heat alarms rather than smoke ones.
How sensitive are the alarms? Will they go off if you put a hot water bottle next to them?:biggrin:
Reply 18
Beigel
you can smoke in a non-smoking area because the alarms in the rooms and corridors are heat alarms rather than smoke ones.

Room - heat alarms
Corridor - smoke alarms

Latest

Trending

Trending