The Student Room Group

My life is average - the ramblings of a 2013 FRESHA...

Scroll to see replies

Bring on refreshers...

So to anyone who is out there in the wide world who may still be reading this, I am back. In both sense of the word, I am physically back in English soil from my camp America experience (which I will do a later post about) & I am also hoping to be back on the blogging scene.

So...REFRESHERS IN MINUS 14 DAYS AKA 2 WEEKS! I have only been back for a mere number of weeks however am already utterly bored and buzzing for the return of my j-bomb races & late night discussions with fellow flatmates.

I am a lucky bee however as I'm jetting off to Spain with my housemates in 5 days! Which means I do not have long left until my boredom vanishes & I feel I should use this time valuably...which means frequent cocktail catch-up sessions, sleeping, eating, blogging, more sleeping...

You get the idea...But seeing as new students are getting prepared for beginning their university experience I thought I could part a few words of wisdom.
Firstly - re-read some of my earlier posts as they explain in details many of the things I wish I'd known for uni life
Bring a doorstop & use it...enough said
Go to every event during freshers (fyi this doesn't mean get slaughtered every night & come back at 4am)
Join societies...if that means the fetish society or assassins guild then so be it, or if like me this means throwing yourself from a plane (skydiving), arguing with people for hours on end (debating) or creating delicious goods to attempt to share (baking society).
Don't live off of pizza, just don't your body will thank you...

Updates...
- Due to the fact that I go to an amazing uni I am lucky enough to have refreshers, which we are all more than buzzing for believe me. Plus I live in a house now so house parties much!
- Camp America was awesome, honestly if you're thinking about going I advise you do! Providing you like kids & have a heck of alot patience and want the summer of a lifetime then apply! I loved it and was lucky enough to make some amazing friends, despite loosing alot of the old dolla...yeah I was not paid enough...
- I may be starting an actual blog, having put much thought into it I've always loved blogging, writing, blabbering on & I believe starting a blog maybe the best place to do this

So comments/concerns/opinions...Are you starting uni? Finished first year and pining to be a fresha again like me? Thinking of going to America? Been to America?

Over & out

Hey! Just read all ur posts. I'm starting in September as a fresher at UoB - I have an unconditional offer so know I will be staying in Tennis Courts and you've definitely got me excited! Do you have any pictures of the accomodation you could share? I'd love to see some. Also, what are the bathrooms like? Bearable? Thanks so much and thanks for such a good informative happy blog :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending