The Student Room Group

Apply or not? Complicated

So, I am right now considering applying to one of the Oxbridge unis. I have actually no idea what my chances might be given the uneasy situation I found myself in. So here's a brief explanation:

1. I'm a Polish applicant (no IB) and applied for PPE two years ago, had an interview but was rejected.

2. My exam results were good except for Maths (which made me narrowly miss my Warwick offer) and sort of Politics-society subject.

3. I said 'screw it' and didn't apply once again last year, began Economics course in Warsaw, but now I thought it might not be what I wanted and would like to go abroad. But as I'm already beginning the second year, I don't want to spend too much time and would only be interested in top-notch universities.

4. I've always liked languages, have excellent A-levels equivalents in Geography, German and English, learnt some French plus could have much to write about in Personal Statement (some Olympiads, extracurricular activities, many books I read etc.). Want to apply for German & (Portuguese/LInguistics/maybe French).

How do you think would this be possible? Would they say it's fine that I am still searching for my passions or rather consider me indecisive and frustrated?
Plus - how important are the A-levels not related to the course?
Reply 1
Just out of curiosity, what course did you apply for at Warwick?
Reply 2
Economics, Politics and International Studies.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending