The Student Room Group

help with tort

Could someone please help me with this question:

Henry called James,a central heating engineer, to fix his new boiler when it did not appear to be working.James immediately told henry that the new bolier was totally unsuitable for his current central heating system.Whilst standing on stepladders to do some repair work after rmoving the boiler,James was startled when a poorly made joint in a pipe broke and showered water on him.He dropped the heavy drill he was holding and it damaged the stepladders causing them to fold up.James fell from the ladders and broke his arm.James was unable to work for two months during which he would have been expected to make considerable profits.

Discuss james’s rights against henry in connection with his broken arm and loss of profits.

IN the AQA answer page, it states that damages in the law of tort in relation to physical injury and economic loss consequent on physical injury should be discussed. I was wondering is there a separate criteria for economic loss consequential upon physical injury to a person or do you have to just follow the Caparo guidelines?
Reply 1
so could you tell me how you would go about answering this question please.I would be very grateful!

Latest

Trending

Trending