The Student Room Group

Pharmacy books to buy for second year

It's a few weeks before I go back to university and I was wondering which books were most important for second year? I didn't buy any in first year, everyone said there was no point and I just sort of ambled along taking out random books from the library, but I don't want to do that this year. So which ones did people find most useful? :biggrin:
Reply 1
Tricky to answer really as different schools do different topics in different years/orders!
I've just finished second year and used these most often:
- Rang and Dale's Pharmacology (A must buy in my opinion!)
- FASTtrack: Pharmaceutics - Dosage Form and Design by David Jones
- Medical Pharmacology at a Glance (Good for summaries but Rang and Dale goes into more depth)
- Chemistry³: Introducing inorganic, organic and physical chemistry (Check the library has this, rather than buying)
- Aultons Pharmaceutics

Thats what I can remember off the top of my head, I'll post back if any others spring to mind :smile:
Reply 2
RANG AND DALE PHARMACOLOGY

AULTONS PHARMACEUTICS

.... must buys for any pharmacy student from year 1 to year 4 !
Reply 3
I bought rang and dales, but then I ended up always doing my projects/essays, and studying, in the library so never actually used my own copy!
Reply 4
I used aultons pharmaceutics, I'm currently in third year and wondering is there any point of me buying it just for my last year? Thanks

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 5
Original post by aspirinpharmacist
It's a few weeks before I go back to university and I was wondering which books were most important for second year? I didn't buy any in first year, everyone said there was no point and I just sort of ambled along taking out random books from the library, but I don't want to do that this year. So which ones did people find most useful? :biggrin:

The must buys can be found on the pharmacy guide alongside some other interesting books..I would go have a look at potential books in the library and buy if you really need to:

http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/wiki/pharmacy_degree#Resources_for_Pharmacy_Students

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending