The Student Room Group

Interview for pharmacy at the university of east anglia

Hey so I have an interview for pharmacy coming up for the university of east Anglia and I was wondering if I could get any tips or advice.
Hey there, I had an interview with UEA for pharmacy with foundation year. The advice I would give to you is to be yourself. Relaxed. Wear something smart for the interview.
Read over your personal statement, that may help.
Read up on the UEA's research as they have been doing a lot of stuff during the COVID-19 pandemic.
I hope this helps.
Thank you much appreciated
Heyy, I recently had an interview with UEA for the same course, Pharmacy with Foundation. Did you receive an offer, if you don’t mind me asking?
Original post by radugyamfi1
Heyy, I recently had an interview with UEA for the same course, Pharmacy with Foundation. Did you receive an offer, if you don’t mind me asking?

Hello, I did receive an offer for UEA to study Pharmacy with Foundation Year.
Heyy i have an interview on the 15th of March, Wbu? I'm just worried because I have totally clueless about what questions are gonna come up. Lemme know if anyone has any ideas please.
Original post by Nuha Syeda
Heyy i have an interview on the 15th of March, Wbu? I'm just worried because I have totally clueless about what questions are gonna come up. Lemme know if anyone has any ideas please.

Hi Nuha, I would say read up about your personal statement as this may be asked. Be relaxed cool, calm and collected. Do research on UEA's research throughout the COVID-19 pandemic. I hope this helps.
Hey I had my interview last week Friday and got my offer the same day. A tip I would give it go over clinical question so for example what would you do if a locum staff who covered for you last night gave the wrong medication to a customer how would you handle that situation as a head pharmacist... so question like that. Also know why u want to study pharmacy which is a key question which will be asked
Reply 8
Original post by C.E.Paling

Hiii Ahhh so i also apied to uea for pharmacy but They offered me foundation degree .do u think its worth taking foundation degree and what's the interview likeee and how's the uni like cuz I've never been there since I'm in Northern Ireland
Original post by Veeehehe
Hiii Ahhh so i also apied to uea for pharmacy but They offered me foundation degree .do u think its worth taking foundation degree and what's the interview likeee and how's the uni like cuz I've never been there since I'm in Northern Ireland

Hey @Veeehehe :smile:

Congratulations on your offer! It's a totally different area subject wise but last year I did a humanities foundation year before transferring onto my Film and Television Studies degree and I found it really beneficial in a lot of ways. I'm really glad I did it. Do you have any specific questions about UEA, or being a student in Norwich? I'd be happy to help if so!

Our open days page might be of interest to you as we have some campus tours coming up that you can book to attend, however, I understand visiting from Northern Ireland may be difficult so taking a look at our on-demand virtual open day might be helpful for you to get a sense of what UEA is like!

Best wishes,
Danielle
Film and Television Studies
Reply 10
I know this is quite late but, i have an interview in 2 weeks, and i’m nervous for the questions that might come up, are the questions just general basic pharmacy questions like why pharmacy, why east anglia, and things like that?
Reply 11
Original post by C.E.Paling

What questions where asked please
Reply 12
Original post by O.Odu
What questions where asked please

Hi, I done my interview with East Anglia they are very kind people and partially laidback. They asked me the regular question like why pharmacy and why UEA. Then the second part was SJT and how you would respond to a scenario. Just a tip, they asked my to expand on some of my responses so as prep, maybe practice some questions beforehand. They gave me an offer 2 days later. Good luck.
Original post by Mphamz
Hi, I done my interview with East Anglia they are very kind people and partially laidback. They asked me the regular question like why pharmacy and why UEA. Then the second part was SJT and how you would respond to a scenario. Just a tip, they asked my to expand on some of my responses so as prep, maybe practice some questions beforehand. They gave me an offer 2 days later. Good luck.

Hey @Mphamz :smile:

Congratulations on your offer for UEA! Sounds like you aced the interview :smile:

Let me know if you have any questions about UEA or Norwich in general!
Isabella (MSc Brand Leadership)
Original post by O.Odu
I know this is quite late but, i have an interview in 2 weeks, and i’m nervous for the questions that might come up, are the questions just general basic pharmacy questions like why pharmacy, why east anglia, and things like that?

Hi there @O.Odu!

Good luck with your interview :smile: If it's already happened, I hope it went well, but I'm sure you smashed it!

Feel free to ask me any questions about UEA :smile:
Reply 15
Original post by UEA Rep Isabella
Hi there @O.Odu!

Good luck with your interview :smile: If it's already happened, I hope it went well, but I'm sure you smashed it!

Feel free to ask me any questions about UEA :smile:

Thank you!! I got an offer the day after the interview 😊
Original post by O.Odu
Thank you!! I got an offer the day after the interview 😊

Hey @O.Odu :smile:

That's amazing news!!! Massive congratulations :smile:

Reply 17
Original post by Veeehehe

Hey, so you applied for pharmacy without foundation year but they offered you with foundation year? What was your predicted grade? And what grade did they offer for pharmacy with foundation year?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending