The Student Room Group

Does A Level Economics Involve Lots of Essay Writing?

Im not excellent with English but I recieved an B in it for GCSE. Im just wondering would that affect me if i do A level economics under AQA
Original post by showaali
Im not excellent with English but I recieved an B in it for GCSE. Im just wondering would that affect me if i do A level economics under AQA

I started economics, then found out it was too much essays for me :colondollar: If you're like me and prefer maths and science style exams and hate essays then you might not like it. In my second week of studying it I had to write an essay :frown:
Reply 2
Don't do economics.
Reply 3
We all thought economics would be highly maths based, especially since it's requirements in the uk is a B in maths gcse. However, i can say this confidently as a year 2 A level student doing AQA economics that it is almost all essay based except for doing percentage changes, and at the hardest difficulty, some bond yield questions/coupon questions. Students tend to find Essay question the hardest, and apart from essay; in our paper 3 we have 30 marks of MCQ in the whole course which isnt essay. SO YEA ITS LARGELY ESSAY BASED :frown:
Reply 4
Original post by showaali

I'm not that good at english with one grade higher than u - an A, however Economics isn't based on how eloquently you write, instead its highly based on knowledge and the structure of how you write it, along with some judgement in conclusions; its not as bad as you think.

Quick Reply

Latest