The Student Room Group

Straight females - Would this be a deal breaker for you?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
Probably it'd be ok for dating.

But for me personally I couldn't imagine it longterm/see me settling down with him as I want kids of my own.
Reply 21
It wouldn't bother me because I've always wanted to adopt/foster.
As much as I like the idea of continuing my family features, I also know that one of the best gifts in life is a second chance (believe me I've had loads); I'd like to give that to someone and honestly would love it if I met someone who agrees or is open with my adoption intentions.
If he didn't want kids at all -- then yes it would be a deal breaker.

But if he wanted to adopt, then I wouldn't mind it if he's definitely the right man for me. :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
I may not have children in the future - I'm a fencesitter - so it probably wouldn't be a dealbreaker for me.
It would be a huge plus, because I never want children.
I wouldn't mind. When I settle down I want to adopt. There are loads of kids without guardians so why create one?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Yes. Deal breaker.
If its not for medical reasons then, i presume he does not want children at all (including adopted)- deal breaker for sure for a serious relationship. I want kids in the future, i'd be happy to adopt but i also want to have children my self aswell. Its not something i'd sacrafice for anyone, I have an close relationship with my mother, shes my best friend and has been there for me always, i want to give that love to my children one day and build close relationships with them. If it were for medical reasons and i really really fell for him then sure we can adopt, i can possibly have a sperm donor ect.
Reply 28
I don't want children, so it wouldn't be an issue for me. It can be an awkward thing, when one person wants children and the other doesn't, so being of the same mindset (presumably), is actually a bonus!
Reply 29
Original post by Amelia-Babe
I'm getting freaked out by how many people don't want kids. why the hell not?:hmmm:

I simply don't have the desire to be a mother. Not sure why. When I was a teenager, people said I'd change my mind one day, but I haven't.

Don't get me wrong - I like kids well enough. I love my little niece, and my friends' children, and I am happy to babysit, because they like me as well. I'm also happy to hand them back to their parents, though :biggrin:.

I think some people are perfectly suited to parenthood. My sister, for one. She wanted a child from a young age, and she's now in her twenties and a mother, and it really suits her. But for me, not having the desire for a child, it feels wrong to have one just for the sake of it. Kids deserve to be genuinely wanted.
Reply 30
Vasectomies are reversible....

Posted from TSR Mobile
Depends on the reason if it was medical I see no problem with dating them, if it was they didn't want kids then I would want to discuss the possibilities it wouldn't be a definite no...
I'm getting freaked out by how many people don't want kids. why the hell not?:hmmm:

I'd rather adopt one than have one. We've have enough people on this planet already. But if my wife insisted on having a baby I'd probably grant her wish:lol:

Posted from TSR Mobile
if I was getting to know someone (dating is forbidden in my religion) and they told me that id probably be surprised and find someone else as I want a big family (mynown flesh and blood) but I have nothing against adoption. Infact I want to adopt a kid in Africa and give them a good life once im older
Original post by Secretnerd123
if I was getting to know someone (dating is forbidden in my religion) and they told me that id probably be surprised and find someone else as I want a big family (mynown flesh and blood) but I have nothing against adoption. Infact I want to adopt a kid in Africa and give them a good life once im older

And, which religion might that be?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by kidomo
And, which religion might that be?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Islam. Dating is very subjective. Islam forbids any physical contact before marriage (e.g. Kissing, holding hands, intercourse). Islam allows a guy and girl to get to know eachother but they have to be supervised (they cannot be alone in a room together). I think this rule is also followed by practicing Catholics but not too sure. Hope i helped :smile:
Reply 36
Original post by smorga30
Vasectomies are reversible....

Posted from TSR Mobile

Not always reliably.

I'm not sure if it would be a total deal-breaker, but not wanting kids would be.
I do want kids, so it would probably bother me, but if I was in love with him I'd adopt, or if he really didn't want kids we'd talk it over. And there's always the possibility of reversing it.

I am disturbed by your insistence that we all have the same desires in life. We're different, isn't that something to be celebrated?

I don't want kids so vasectomy would not be a problem.
Reply 39
I'm only 18 so it would be more of a relief than anything, if I were older then it would be a problem because I do want kids in the future.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending