The Student Room Group

A-levels next, so what should i start doing from now??

I really want to try my very best, to get the best results at A-levels. Now its the summer holidays and im not sure how i should start preparing and revising for the alevels to come so i can take it easy until exams season.
Also i know it may be nearly impossible, but to get a majority of A*s in a-level, what else do i need to do from now on..
Do your summer homework, and read a few articles/books around your A-levels. Get all your stationery and things together (lever arch folders for each subject, etcetera). There's not much you can do right now except put yourself in the right mindset and get yourself organised.

If you want great grades, you need effective and early-starting revision. Maybe spend a bit of time each night going over what you've done that day to make sure you understand it. Get your homework done in frees, it takes the pressure off. And start revising a good few months before your exams. And in your lessons, if you don't understand something, bloody ask - staying quiet will do you no favours.

When you are revising, thoroughly go over all the content first (using the specifications as a guide) and then do past papers, to time. They're the best preparation you can get for the exams.

(You don't need to worry about revision now, though. :wink:)

Good luck :smile:
Reply 2
What subjects are you doing?
Just enjoy the summer; when you go back to school just make sure you keep on top of all the work, spend a bit of your free time (an hour or so a day) making sure you fully understand the course content, youtube videos are very helpful for learning scientific concepts.
Reply 4
Start revising.

Ask questions.

Enjoy.

Do well.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest