The Student Room Group

2014 Pharmacy applicants

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Gunnertaz
considering im not going to the top ones do you have any recommendations as to which ones i would be better of going to in terms of securing a pre reg or a job, ive applied to jmu, dmu, bradford or uclan? sorry about if im asking too many questions.

It's fine. I wouldn't know, but I'd consider things like the reputation of the pharmacy department, age of the school etc.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by lalableh
Hey :smile: just randomly asking but higher ranked as an overall uni rep. or pharmacy rep. Which one do u think is more important altho having both would be good but still ...:P

I'd say the reputation for Pharmacy is probably most important, but obviously saying you've got a degree from a top uni will also help :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by kiyubi
yh i guess theyre taking their time:eek::eek::eek:theyre so horrible

I know! :|

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 3983
anybody had or got an interview at bradford?
Original post by 11sal
Anyone, like myself, thinking of firming Cardiff?

meeee! :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 3985
considering im not going to the top ones do you have any recommendations as to which ones i would be better of going to in terms of securing a pre reg or a job, ive applied to jmu, dmu, bradford or uclan? sorry about if im asking too many questions.

have you heard back from bradford??
Original post by ahmmm
have you heard back from bradford??
yeah ive got an interview sometime in February, not quit sure exactly when tho
Reply 3987
yeah ive got an interview sometime in February, not quit sure exactly when tho

same here!
Reply 3988
Original post by ahmmm
anybody had or got an interview at bradford?

i got an interview on 12th of february:biggrin:
Reply 3989
Original post by kiyubi
i got an interview on 12th of february:biggrin:

how you preparing for it!?
Reply 3990
Original post by ahmmm
how you preparing for it!?

tbh iam just creating a paragraph on why i chose pharmacy, and iam revising basic maths since its one of the aspects we will be tested on, nd iam going through general questions on why i chose their uni:biggrin::biggrin::rolleyes::rolleyes:hope that helps
have you got an interview yet
Reply 3991
Original post by kiyubi
tbh iam just creating a paragraph on why i chose pharmacy, and iam revising basic maths since its one of the aspects we will be tested on, nd iam going through general questions on why i chose their uni:biggrin::biggrin::rolleyes::rolleyes:hope that helps
have you got an interview yet

yeah 20 something of feb!! theres a maths test :eek::confused:
Reply 3992
Original post by ahmmm

yh basic maths basically division without a calculator heh, no worries then mines on 12th of feb so i can tell you what happened:biggrin::biggrin:
btw have you done A2 before?
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 3993
Original post by ahmmm

I've had my Bradford interview, there's no maths test. Don't over prepare, they just want to see if you're capable of talking to people and it always sounds better when you haven't learnt a whole paragraph and recited it back to them. Just think of key points you want to mention if asked about why pharmacy, why bradford etc and some questions you want to ask
Reply 3994
Original post by lalableh
well done for your offers:smile: but what do you mean by higher unis? ie which unis are u talking about ?

Thank you! I mean uni's like manc and nott which are higher on the league tables for pharmacy
Reply 3995
What sort of stuff did you and what kind of questions did they ask? Formal or informal?
Quick question for people who've had an offer from Bath, I was just wondering did they specify getting an A in chemistry? :smile:
Reply 3997
Original post by hannahwalsh9
Quick question for people who've had an offer from Bath, I was just wondering did they specify getting an A in chemistry? :smile:

Nope :smile: AAB in any order of subs :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 3998
Original post by ln95
I know :frown: and yupp i've got an offer from portsmouth and an interview at herts. I haven't heard from KCL or UCL though. What about you? :smile:

I've heard back from Bath, UEA and Reading, just waiting on Brighton now! Any idea where you're going to firm or insure?
Original post by Roselyn8
Nope :smile: AAB in any order of subs :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Thank you!! thats awesome! :biggrin:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending