The Student Room Group

2014 Pharmacy applicants

Scroll to see replies

Original post by ahmedhuzaifa
Still havent got my last edit of the ps from my teacher's, stress level is so high! When is everyone sending there ucas?

next week!
Original post by alloyd95
I am in exactly the same situation. I have work experience arranged in a community pharmacy in half term, so I think I'm going to have to wait until then to send off my application. I think that work experience seems a bit more important than rushing to send it off, just because other people are sending theirs:/

True, I have seen some posts from people saying that they've got an interview already at Uni's I'm applying to...
I guess there's a deadline in January for a reason :L
Original post by ss2012
How are your grades looking ?

AS: AAAA
Predicted AAAA
gcse 2A*s5A's 3B's (if they matter :L)
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 783
Original post by SM1996
Wow, well done! From what I know, Bath interviews are pretty informal and they ask typical questions like 'Why Pharmacy?', 'Why Bath?' and they'll probably ask you questions based on your personal statement. So know your personal statement inside out! But don't worry too much about it because (apparently) if you get an interview from Bath then you're literally guaranteed an offer (90% ish). Hope that helped :smile: Also, when did you send off your UCAS application? Because I sent mine off on Wednesday and I got an email today saying that they received my application and I'm slightly worried about whether I'll get an interview or not :confused:

Thanks for all this info :smile: I sent off my UCAS on 27th September. I got the email from Bath acknowledging my application on 3rd October, and the email with interview details on 16th October - so I'm sure your application is not too late for interview. One more question, do you think the interview is more likely to be 1:1 or a group interview ?
Reply 784
Original post by EmRice
Thanks for all this info :smile: I sent off my UCAS on 27th September. I got the email from Bath acknowledging my application on 3rd October, and the email with interview details on 16th October - so I'm sure your application is not too late for interview. One more question, do you think the interview is more likely to be 1:1 or a group interview ?

It's good that you sent your application off nice and early :smile: I'm pretty sure it's a one on one interview. Good luck with your interview!
Reply 785
Original post by SM1996
It's good that you sent your application off nice and early :smile: I'm pretty sure it's a one on one interview. Good luck with your interview!

Thanks :smile: good luck with all your applications - what other unis are you applying too?
Reply 786
Original post by EmRice
Thanks :smile: good luck with all your applications - what other unis are you applying too?

I've applied to Bath, Cardiff, UCL, Medway and Portsmouth. What about you?
Original post by EmRice

The day starts at 10.15 with a presentation by the admissions tutor.
There is then a tour of campus with some current Pharmacy students who
also take the applicants to lunch. In the afternoon there is a
'Clinical Pharmacy' talk followed by an informal interview. The
interview should be no longer than 20 minutes; you may be asked about
your reasons for choosing pharmacy as a career, your work experience,
organic pharmaceutical chemistry and asked to complete simple
pharmaceutical calculations, you may also be asked about what you have
written on your personal statement.
Most A-level students are not required to answer questions on organic
chemistry or to make calculations, but if they are the questions are
relatively simple.

The focus of the interview is mostly upon what you have written in your
personal statement, you may be asked to relate and reflect upon how your
experiences can apply to Pharmacy - particularly if you have any
relevant work or volunteer experience.

Hope this helps :biggrin:
Original post by andreaamei
next week!

Ah right, I hope im able to send it of next week, if my teachers dont get back to me ill have to go sixth form on monday and chase them aha, what unis you applying to?
Original post by ADAOBI123
Hopefully by next week !!

Sounds good, hopefully I get to send mine off aswell next week.
Anyone know of any universities that have courses where you can transfer to their Pharmacy course if you do well in the first year ?
Anyone know of any universities that have courses where you can transfer to their Pharmacy course if you do well in the first year ?
Reply 792
Original post by propagation
The day starts at 10.15 with a presentation by the admissions tutor.
There is then a tour of campus with some current Pharmacy students who
also take the applicants to lunch. In the afternoon there is a
'Clinical Pharmacy' talk followed by an informal interview. The
interview should be no longer than 20 minutes; you may be asked about
your reasons for choosing pharmacy as a career, your work experience,
organic pharmaceutical chemistry and asked to complete simple
pharmaceutical calculations, you may also be asked about what you have
written on your personal statement.
Most A-level students are not required to answer questions on organic
chemistry or to make calculations, but if they are the questions are
relatively simple.

The focus of the interview is mostly upon what you have written in your
personal statement, you may be asked to relate and reflect upon how your
experiences can apply to Pharmacy - particularly if you have any
relevant work or volunteer experience.

Hope this helps :biggrin:

Thanks, this is really helpful :smile:
Reply 793
Original post by SM1996
I've applied to Bath, Cardiff, UCL, Medway and Portsmouth. What about you?

I've applied to Bath, UEA, Nottingham, Reading and Brighton :smile:
Original post by ahmedhuzaifa
Ah right, I hope im able to send it of next week, if my teachers dont get back to me ill have to go sixth form on monday and chase them aha, what unis you applying to?

That's the thing holding me back to, I have been ready for over a week and my teachers are taken ages to do the reference and I asked them 1-2 weeks in advanced :/
Original post by krishkmistry

Pharmaceutical sciences at Bradford I believe and also Kingston, I don't know any others but I am sure there are others.
Why not do a foundation year if you can't get in?
My teachers are doing my head in! I just want it sent off. I was waiting on my references for 2 weeks and I finally get them all and my personal tutor won't do his bit until next week. I hate waiting haha

Posted from TSR Mobile
Pharmaceutical sciences at Bradford I believe and also Kingston, I don't know any others but I am sure there are others.
Why not do a foundation year if you can't get in?
#

my college just need me to choose a cuni im within the entry requirements - i9 cant do a foundation year cos im taking bio,chem and maths so i need one which i can transfer into pharmacy to :smile:
Original post by Stacie0395
My teachers are doing my head in! I just want it sent off. I was waiting on my references for 2 weeks and I finally get them all and my personal tutor won't do his bit until next week. I hate waiting haha

Posted from TSR Mobile

Omg I hate my teachers atm, ive done my bit of ucas and done my ps as much as I can, but im not getting any feedback, its so frustrating. And also I sorted all my predicted grades out with the teachers, but they never actually put them down. I have to go in over half term and sort it out dont want my application to be not considered just because of lazy teachers :-(
That's the thing holding me back to, I have been ready for over a week and my teachers are taken ages to do the reference and I asked them 1-2 weeks in advanced :/

Man I dont think they understand how stressful it is being held back by someone else, I dont get any feedback from teachers its so stupid, I hope they do it by monday. But I went to keele today and they said that unis dont look at whos applications came in first its just they get interviews first but people who meet there criteria always get an offer

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending