The Student Room Group

2014 Pharmacy applicants

Scroll to see replies

Reply 980
Could someone give me some advice on my last 2 choices, either aston, birmingham or durham, cant decide:frown: predicted AAB or AAA not sure yet if that helps:smile:
Original post by hd37
Could someone give me some advice on my last 2 choices, either aston, birmingham or durham, cant decide:frown: predicted AAB or AAA not sure yet if that helps:smile:

Well Birmingham an Durham are brand new, I believe this has it's positives but some people would prefer to go to a well established pharmacy school like Aston. Birmingham wants the highest grades at AAA/AAB, the other two are just AAB I think. Birmingham interview, Durham doesn't, and Aston has an optional interview (if they give you an offer you can choose to go to an interview and if they like you, they're more likely to accept you if you don't get your grades). If you're looking for bottom two choices then maybe Birmingham isn't best due to the high entry requirements but personally when I went to open days I preferred Birmingham (the university as a whole and the pharmacy school) over Nottingham and Keele and Manchester and I've also been talking to a first year student there who's convinced me that being a new pharmacy school definitely isn't a disadvantage :smile:
Reply 982
Original post by demetria
Well Birmingham an Durham are brand new, I believe this has it's positives but some people would prefer to go to a well established pharmacy school like Aston. Birmingham wants the highest grades at AAA/AAB, the other two are just AAB I think. Birmingham interview, Durham doesn't, and Aston has an optional interview (if they give you an offer you can choose to go to an interview and if they like you, they're more likely to accept you if you don't get your grades). If you're looking for bottom two choices then maybe Birmingham isn't best due to the high entry requirements but personally when I went to open days I preferred Birmingham (the university as a whole and the pharmacy school) over Nottingham and Keele and Manchester and I've also been talking to a first year student there who's convinced me that being a new pharmacy school definitely isn't a disadvantage :smile:

Thanks so much, thats really helped:smile: where did u end up applying?:smile:
Original post by hd37
Thanks so much, thats really helped:smile: where did u end up applying?:smile:

Nottingham, Birmingham, Keele, Durham and Aston :smile: (only been to open days for the first three though)
Original post by ahmedhuzaifa
Aha your welcome, and dont worry about that reps dont matter to me ;-) so you going to apply to reading?

Still not sure, it's between Durham and Reading.
Only thing putting me off Durham is the situation of the Pharmacy school, it's not actually in Durham it's 30 miles away in Stockton which I don't really like and it seems to be industrialised town. I would prefer something which is a bit green rather than dark.
Reply 985
Original post by EmRice

I am applying to Reading and my interview is on 13th November :smile: When is your interview?

I haven't actually chosen a date yet but probably end of November. Where else are you applying? I'm so nervous about the interview.
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 986
Original post by MichaelP
I'm in the same position bro, indian parents haha What did you get at AS?
Pharmacy is a good route to go down if you think the job is right for you

I got BBB at AS... biology chem and ICT
I think I have decided that pharmacy may not be for me..

what about you bro what grades did you get and are you still going for pharmacy?
Original post by propagation
Still not sure, it's between Durham and Reading.
Only thing putting me off Durham is the situation of the Pharmacy school, it's not actually in Durham it's 30 miles away in Stockton which I don't really like and it seems to be industrialised town. I would prefer something which is a bit green rather than dark.

Hmm dont really know alot about durham mate never been, but what I can tell you is that reading is one of the best town/city I have been too, so historic and great for shopping (their oracle mall is absolutely stunning you should google it) also they have the largest population of people from barbados (wierd aha) and good asian communities its very diverse from what I noticed) the city was great and it didnt seem to expensive we had lunch at this place and its was reasonable just like Birmingham, also I have had a look at accommodation outside of uni and you can get a place for 300 a month so its not too expensive.
Original post by ahmedhuzaifa
Hmm dont really know alot about durham mate never been, but what I can tell you is that reading is one of the best town/city I have been too, so historic and great for shopping (their oracle mall is absolutely stunning you should google it) also they have the largest population of people from barbados (wierd aha) and good asian communities its very diverse from what I noticed) the city was great and it didnt seem to expensive we had lunch at this place and its was reasonable just like Birmingham, also I have had a look at accommodation outside of uni and you can get a place for 300 a month so its not too expensive.

Thanks again, really unsure what to do :frown:
guys im still confused about ucas, i got my first offer last week and i was wondering do i have to reply to them now or can i wait till all my options have replied?
Reply 990
Original post by andreaamei
guys im still confused about ucas, i got my first offer last week and i was wondering do i have to reply to them now or can i wait till all my options have replied?

You cant reply to unis until all unis have made a decision on your application however if u want to reply now ud have to withdraw your application to the other unis that havnt reached a decision and remaim with the ones which have given u an offer if I were you id just wait
Reply 991
Original post by spanishovenfork
Anyone got any offers from Sunderland? Does anyone know whether they still interview?
I received an offer without an interview a few days ago :smile:
Original post by Laura E C
I received an offer without an interview a few days ago :smile:

Congrats. What was your offer?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 993
Original post by spanishovenfork
Congrats. What was your offer?

Posted from TSR Mobile

BBB :biggrin: I hope you've got one or get one soon :smile:
Reply 994
Hay I got BBBC in AS levels Maths, Biology, Chemistry and Physics (in that order), and I have been predicted AAA (i dropped physics). I was wondering if any of you think I have a chance at getting into Uni of Nottingham, KCL, UCL or Sheffield, as I know its a very competitive course. I have 10 weeks voluntary work at a care home and I did a weeks work experience at boots pharmacy in year 10 and im about to start voluntary work at a pharmacy soon. Thank u
Reply 995
anyone that put their work experience in ucas, did you put it in 'activities in preparation for higher education' or 'employment':smile:
Wow you're application must have impressed them. Isn't the normal offer ABB?:smile:
Reply 997
Original post by hd37
anyone that put their work experience in ucas, did you put it in 'activities in preparation for higher education' or 'employment':smile:

I personally put employment: D
Reply 998
Original post by EmRice

I am applying to Reading and my interview is on 13th November :smile: When is your interview?

My interview's on the 13th too! might see you there :smile: surprised they replied so quick only sent off my application 4 days ago!
Has anyone got an interview for Manchester on the 13th?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending