Today was not a good day.
A rejection from both St Andrews and Edinburgh. Both my top choices. :frown:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Same happened to me! Was really terrible :/
Where are you going to now?
Original post by meekayla
Same happened to me! Was really terrible :/
Where are you going to now?

I'm off to Aberdeen and very happy with my choice :smile: That's the way I wanted it from the beginning, because I kinda expected to be rejected from those two unis. What about you? :smile:
Reply 402
Original post by czechmishaout
I'm off to Aberdeen and very happy with my choice :smile: That's the way I wanted it from the beginning, because I kinda expected to be rejected from those two unis. What about you? :smile:

Congratulations! :biggrin:
I'm not really sure yet. I've got an offer from Bath, but somehow I'm hesitant because they're such a young university and not really internationally renowned.
Might go to Trinity College Dublin or Sciences Po in France... I'm just so bad at making decisions :')
Reply 403
Original post by rachelemily
Anyone else applied to both Bath and Bristol? I'm stuck between them for my firm choice! Think I'm going to insure Sheffield though, I went today and it was really great if anyone else is thinking about it!

Me! I applied to both and got offers. Bath will be my insurance choice and Bristol or Surrey will be my firm choice. What about you? Have you decided which one to put as your firm? :smile:
**Please note, this account is being used by University of Reading Student Ambassadors**

Hi everyone!
I did my degree in International Relations and English Lit at Reading, feel free to ask me anything about Politics/IR or joint degrees! IR is amazingly interesting, you learn so much but it's all stuff you can map on to real life situations happening in the world right now. I loved political theory too, which I was able to do even though my degree title was IR. Is everyone excited to start their degree?
Anja :smile:
English Lit and International Relations
Reply 406
Original post by UniofReading
**Please note, this account is being used by University of Reading Student Ambassadors**

Hi everyone!
I did my degree in International Relations and English Lit at Reading, feel free to ask me anything about Politics/IR or joint degrees! IR is amazingly interesting, you learn so much but it's all stuff you can map on to real life situations happening in the world right now. I loved political theory too, which I was able to do even though my degree title was IR. Is everyone excited to start their degree?
Anja :smile:
English Lit and International Relations

Which one will be better for IR, in terms of employment prospects and all- University of Sussex or University of Sheffield? Its a bit urgent. I have to make a decision very soon.
I got in to my first choice (which was Aston Uni) to do Business and International Relations. Have to say I'm really looking forward to it! Anyone else studying at Aston Uni?
Original post by Mrig
Which one will be better for IR, in terms of employment prospects and all- University of Sussex or University of Sheffield? Its a bit urgent. I have to make a decision very soon.

Hiya!
Sorry for the delay, I've only just seen this! It's really about where you feel most comfortable: the better you feel in a place, the better you'll do. I'd recommend looking through their websites; check out the activities available, the tone of the writing, and what modules they offer each year (if listed). Whichever uni appeals to you more, go for that! You can also look at subject specific league tables (I'm not sure where those two place for Politics/IR, but you can check out the Guardian or the Times tables). Another option is to look at what placements they offer (if any), these can help with employment down the road!
I hope that gives you a few things to look at that will hopefully ease the decision!
Anja

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending