The Student Room Group

Appetite suppressants

This always happens on a diet, I start off good then after a few weeks I'm constantly hungry, doesn't matter what I eat or how much water I drink I just feel hungry all the time

I'm not an emotional eater and it's not boredom eating as I've tried distracting myself

Does anyone know of any appetite suppressants that work?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by tinktinktinkerbell
This always happens on a diet, I start off good then after a few weeks I'm constantly hungry, doesn't matter what I eat or how much water I drink I just feel hungry all the time

I'm not an emotional eater and it's not boredom eating as I've tried distracting myself

lol

Ephedrine HCL.
Original post by Scoobiedoobiedo
lol

Ephedrine HCL.

Why the lol?
Reply 3
Some coffee to go with that Ephedrine HCL :smile:

(c-combo...!!!)
Why the lol?

You saying that you're not an emotional eater.

Get some ephedrine and some caffeine tablets. Combine. Say bye bye to appetite.
Original post by Scoobiedoobiedo
You saying that you're not an emotional eater.

Get some ephedrine and some caffeine tablets. Combine. Say bye bye to appetite.

I'm not an emotional eater :confused:

Thanks, will try it
Reply 6

Warm water, or water with lemon and bit of salt, no jokes.
Reply 7
Things that make it much easier to control my appetite:

> no carbs except after workouts. Essentially none on rest days, zero cravings were had that day.
> plenty of carbs after workouts.
> IF - it can be easier to just not eat at all than to eat a little bit.
> ****loads of veg (not starchy root veg, though).
> no stimulants like caffeine, seems to **** with blood sugar
> stay busy
> sleep as much as possible, two more hours asleep is two more hours when you won't be tempted to eat.

In before "those things make no difference lol u r wasting ur time"
I drink boiling water, tea, coffee or plain water for this. Or I just eat my next meal.

Eat smaller, more frequent meals if you're not doing this. Eat bigger, less frequent meals if you're not doing this. Increase your calories if you can. Drink more water, people generally advise 2l but the amount really depends on you, how active you are, and if you like, the colour of your urine.
Reply 9
Sibutramine, Ephedrine, Caffeine, Yohimbine, Clenbuterol, Albuterol, any amphetamines or cocaine, all of those are known to suppress appetite, and some of them are particularly good at it.

I AM IN NO WAY ADVOCATING THE USE OF THESE CHEMICALS
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 10
Original post by HFerguson
Sibutramine, Ephedrine, Caffeine, Yohimbine, Clenbuterol, Albuterol, any amphetamines or cocaine, all of those are known to suppress appetite, and some of them are particularly good at it.

I'm 12 years old and what is this?

Pls respond

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 11
Original post by Vixen47
I drink boiling water

:s-smilie:
Amphetamines

but those are mostly illegal and bad for ya

IF tends to suppress my appetite, give it a try
Reply 13

If you are hungry you should eat. You are hungry because your diet isn't giving you enough food. Read my thread "how to lose weight" it will tell you off for eating rabbit food all day then trying to suppress your appetite when your body complains and put you on the right path to sucess.
If you saw my diet, it's not all rabbit food lol
If you saw my diet, it's not all rabbit food lol

post a typical daily diet - how many kcal and grams of fat/protein/carb
also post your height, weight and bodyfat %

then we will figure out why this doesn't satiate you

I believe in a theory though, and it's just a theory, but I believe that the hypothalamus has a region that controls bodyweight by affecting appetite, thyroid hormones, nervous system and energy expenditure, by affecting other parts of the brain; this region in the hypothalamus is referred to as the "ponderostat" colloquially. It's responsible for keeping your bodyweight at a certain point.

I believe that if you've been (grossly) overweight for many years, the ponderostat, has a set weight that it wants you to be, and in losing weight, you have to maintain your new weight for a period of time just as long as you were overweight for in order for that new weight to become your "set-point", if that makes sense. Hence, even eating maintenance calories and maintaining this new weight, you would still continue to feel hunger, because the ponderostat is acting on the hypothalamic appetite regions, telling you you're hungry in an attempt to get your weight back to what it used to be.

tl'dr you have to suffer hunger for years to reverse the damage of being overweight.
Reply 16
Ignoring the fact it is highly addictive, expensive, known to cause cancer and extremely bad for your cardiovascular system I have found that cigarettes are a decent appetite suppressant. Personally I'd just go with tea, water and chewing gum instead.
Reply 17
Epherdrine and caffeine would probably be your best option. It will be no more unhealthy than being overweight.
I have been doing the 5:2 fasting diet and on fast days green tea with a 0 calorie sweetener is great at getting rid of hunger pangs. Also strenuous exercise as I never want to eat for a good while after it.

I find hunger comes in waves though, so if you can keep busy and acknowledge the feeling but carry on anyway, then it subsides pretty soon.
Almonds or Brazil nuts. I swear that you will not want to eat for hours if you can't handle more than 5. Of course that's only if gu eat 6 :wink:

Quick Reply

Latest