The Student Room Group
Students on campus, Nottingham University
University of Nottingham
Nottingham
Visit website

Nottingham Applicants 2014.

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Stardust111
Yay :smile: what type of room do you have?

Just a Standard Single. You? :smile:
Students on campus, Nottingham University
University of Nottingham
Nottingham
Visit website
Original post by blueberrysro
Has anyone else not received any letters from Nottingham since being accepted?

I have that problem too! I recieved a confirmation letter though and I will phone/email the university today. If you don't have anything I'd recommend you do the same :smile: all rather stressful!
Reply 2222
Original post by C-Juice
Anyone else worried about things like having friends, having people to eat with (mainly catered accommodation), having people to go out with, etc? Just generally fitting in and having a laugh?

Feeling a bit silly but any reassurance or fellow worriers would be great! :colondollar:

I'm really worried! And it doesn't help that I'm very shy so I find it hard to initiate conversations. I always feel like a loser when I eat alone. :tongue:
Original post by Yuemie
I'm really worried! And it doesn't help that I'm very shy so I find it hard to initiate conversations. I always feel like a loser when I eat alone. :tongue:

I'm glad I'm not the only worried one!! Which halls are you in? (if you are in halls of course!)

I have this horrible image of Mean Girls when Gretchen screams 'YOU CAN'T SIT WITH US!!!!' being shouted at me one day! :tongue:
Original post by joey.plum
Has anyone else had to send an email to the finance people concerning your loans arriving too late to pay the accomodation costs? ������

I havent sent an email yet but i'm currently in this situation.. Will they sort it out quickly?
um, does anyone know what newark hall on jubilee campus is like?
Original post by moonriver96
I havent sent an email yet but i'm currently in this situation.. Will they sort it out quickly?

I sent mine yesterday and got an automated reply saying that there will be a new payment method sent in roughly 3 days, bank holiday weekend probably didn't help! it should be okay if you send it soon
I sent mine yesterday and got an automated reply saying that there will be a new payment method sent in roughly 3 days, bank holiday weekend probably didn't help! it should be okay if you send it soon

ohh okay, thanks a lot :smile: phew! lol but btw which email address did you use? there are several, i'm not sure which is the right one:s-smilie:
(edited 9 years ago)
ohh okay, thanks a lot :smile: phew! lol but btw which email address did you use? there are several, i'm not sure which is the right one:s-smilie:

I know right, there are hundreds! On our accommodation letter we received by email in like April, with the offer and payment instructions, it told me to send the issue to '[email protected]', and they told us on there of how to go about it! hope this helps :smile:
Original post by Yuemie

I can't believe there are others who feel the exact same way! Like how do we even break the ice with each other or shake hands or what-not? I have no idea what to expect :-)
I know right, there are hundreds! On our accommodation letter we received by email in like April, with the offer and payment instructions, it told me to send the issue to '[email protected]', and they told us on there of how to go about it! hope this helps :smile:

yes it does, thanks :smile: are you excited for freshers?
yes it does, thanks :smile: are you excited for freshers?

That's okay! Very very very excited, and a bit nervous but hey ho :smile: are you? What are you studying?
That's okay! Very very very excited, and a bit nervous but hey ho :smile: are you? What are you studying?

yeah i'm not sure if i'm more excited or nervous lol. And french with politics.. what about you? What halls are you in?
yeah i'm not sure if i'm more excited or nervous lol. And french with politics.. what about you? What halls are you in?

Haha you've got that right! I'm doing physics, staying catered in the Lenton + Wortley hall. Where are you at?
Haha you've got that right! I'm doing physics, staying catered in the Lenton + Wortley hall. Where are you at?

is that in the univeristy park? i've heard it's reeaally social there and i'm in newark- also catered for :smile: notts was actually my insurance so i didnt have much choice with accommodation :/
is that in the univeristy park? i've heard it's reeaally social there and i'm in newark- also catered for :smile: notts was actually my insurance so i didnt have much choice with accommodation :/

I hope it is! wow I haven't heard anything yet so that's nice to know, thanks! Nearly everyone I'v seen on TSR seems to be in newark hall so lucky you! How were your A levels?
Original post by C-Juice
Anyone else worried about things like having friends, having people to eat with (mainly catered accommodation), having people to go out with, etc? Just generally fitting in and having a laugh?

Feeling a bit silly but any reassurance or fellow worriers would be great! :colondollar:

Everyone is in the same boat, you will make friends quickly. I would suggest not trying too hard, and not rely on the Junior Common Rooms to make friends, as they tend to attract the not so genuine students. I made some great friends from the hall christian union meet ups, and the main weekly gatherings. Lots of English middle class people with a good side to them go to these.
I hope it is! wow I haven't heard anything yet so that's nice to know, thanks! Nearly everyone I'v seen on TSR seems to be in newark hall so lucky you! How were your A levels?

are you serious? i've only seen one person on here that's in newark- and that's ME :P and oh god a-levels. i did kinda crap so it's a miracle nottingham accepted me. What about you?
are you serious? i've only seen one person on here that's in newark- and that's ME :P and oh god a-levels. i did kinda crap so it's a miracle nottingham accepted me. What about you?

Kinda crap? And what grades were these, and what course? If the course isn't popular, like Classics, then they do try to accommodate lower grades to fill the places. That is true of most large universities.
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by Mansun
Kinda crap? And what grades were these, and what course? If the course isn't popular, like Classics, then they do try to accommodate lower grades to fill the places. That is true of most large universities.

the course is french and politics and i got ACC with the A being in french. The C's were in sciences.. i'm guessing my course isn't very popular then lol

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending