The Student Room Group

Uni choices

I've already applied to the university of nottingham. How likely is it that i will get in with the BTEC level 3 in engineering (general) predicted D*D*D for mechanical engineering?.
GCSES -
English Language = 4
English Literature = 5
Combined Science = 5/4
Maths - 5
BTEC Sport - M2 (6)
History - 7
Citizenship - 5
(edited 2 months ago)
Original post by niceon
I've already applied to the university of nottingham. How likely is it that i will get in with the BTEC level 3 in engineering (general) predicted D*D*D for mechanical engineering?.
GCSES -
English Language = 4
English Literature = 5
Combined Science = 5/4
Maths - 5
BTEC Sport - M2 (6)
History - 7
Citizenship - 5

That would depend primarily on how your academic interview went, I suspect. Is that 5 in GCSE Maths an accurate reflection of your strength in Maths?

As Nottingham say here:

"As part of the application process BTEC applicants without A level Maths who are predicted D*DD will receive an invitation to attend an interview with an academic member of staff.

The meeting will assess applicants' mathematical capability alongside their ability to build on their potential if they start straight into a course where their current maths preparation is not as rigorous as those holding other specific Mathematics qualifications."

Have you received such an invitation yet?
Reply 2
Original post by DataVenia
That would depend primarily on how your academic interview went, I suspect. Is that 5 in GCSE Maths an accurate reflection of your strength in Maths?

As Nottingham say here:
Reply 3
No invitation yet but my maths is shown to be better in engineering and I have the basic concepts from GCSE which allow me to do well.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending