The Student Room Group

Nottingham Medical School 2024 entry

Does anyone know what the cut off score is likely to be ( ish) for Nottingham medicine 2024. I think I have a score of 136 .

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
What's your data? If you have calculated 136 accurately then that will be a highly competitive point score for an interview invitation based on previous years' minimum point score thresholds which range from around 125-130

Offers however are given based on interview performance so you would have to have a solid performance at that stage as well in order to receive one.

Consider consulting the official Nottingham A100 thread: https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=7388661

Hope this helps:smile:
(edited 7 months ago)
Reply 2
Hi
Thank you for your response.
I have:
9 GCSE at level 9 so that gives me 32 points.
Situational Judgement Band = 60 points
UCAT. VR. 630 therefore 2x8 = 16 points
DM 630 = 8 points
QR. 700 = 8 points
AR. 820 = 12 points
I do have worked that correctly it gives me 136 total.
I also have extenuating circumstances.
So you agree Nottingham is worth an application. It is so competitive to get into Medicine - I don’t want to waste an application .
TIA
Reply 3
Yes Nottingham would be a very strong choice based on previous years data.
I have 132 points, would this be a good option?
Reply 5
Hi! Does anyone know what the cut-off point score was last year for international students? Either from past tsr threads or statistics? Thanks
Reply 6
Original post by Aks-y
Yes Nottingham would be a very strong choice based on previous years data.

What about a score of 128?
Reply 7
Original post by niamhraz35
What about a score of 128?

It’s risky since last years cutoff was 129. Might be possible since last years gcse grades were inflated but it’s unlikely to go down by that much.
Reply 8
Opinions of Notts student satisfaction score for medicine? It’s soooo low and that really worries me applying.
Reply 9
Original post by Hhhhhh558
Opinions of Notts student satisfaction score for medicine? It’s soooo low and that really worries me applying.

I'm not too sure tbf. Initially notts was my first option because I went to their open day and was blown away by their campus and the social life seemed generally good but after doing a lot of research it seems like you don't really get much clinical exposure until later years so I'm in between notts and Leicester as my first options.
(edited 6 months ago)
Reply 10
Hi! Does anyone know what the cut-off point score was last year for international students? TIA
Reply 11
Original post by JVA23
Hi
Thank you for your response.
I have:
9 GCSE at level 9 so that gives me 32 points.
Situational Judgement Band = 60 points
UCAT. VR. 630 therefore 2x8 = 16 points
DM 630 = 8 points
QR. 700 = 8 points
AR. 820 = 12 points
I do have worked that correctly it gives me 136 total.
I also have extenuating circumstances.
So you agree Nottingham is worth an application. It is so competitive to get into Medicine - I don’t want to waste an application .
TIA

I’m nearly certain nottingham don’t take 9 GCSES it’s either 6 or 8. Just letting you know as this would affect points
Reply 12
Original post by orlagrant
I’m nearly certain nottingham don’t take 9 GCSES it’s either 6 or 8. Just letting you know as this would affect points

He's mentioning that he has 9 GCSE'S because it's a requirement by universities to have a certain number of GCSE's but he has not actually factored than into the point system. He has 32 points (8x4) which is correct.
Reply 13
Original post by Aks-y
He's mentioning that he has 9 GCSE'S because it's a requirement by universities to have a certain number of GCSE's but he has not actually factored than into the point system. He has 32 points (8x4) which is correct.

Hi
For Nottingham for GCSE is it any 8 GCSE that is considered .
Reply 14
Original post by VPN69
Hi
For Nottingham for GCSE is it any 8 GCSE that is considered .

Yes, they score you out of your best 8 GCSEs. More info can be found on their website.
Reply 15
Original post by JVA23
Does anyone know what the cut off score is likely to be ( ish) for Nottingham medicine 2024. I think I have a score of 136 .

I’d say the cut off will be under 130, especially with the lack of predicated GCSES in applicants this year.
Reply 16
Original post by orlagrant
I’d say the cut off will be under 130, especially with the lack of predicated GCSES in applicants this year.

What do you mean by lack of predicated GCSEs in applicants this year.
Reply 17
Original post by Aks-y
Yes, they score you out of your best 8 GCSEs. More info can be found on their website.

Are you sure they score 8 of your best GCSEs? I looked at the GCSE score calculator example and it looks like English language is considered in the 8 GCSE….asking again coz my daughter’s GCSE are all 9 except for English language which is a 7
Original post by VPN69
Are you sure they score 8 of your best GCSEs? I looked at the GCSE score calculator example and it looks like English language is considered in the 8 GCSE….asking again coz my daughter’s GCSE are all 9 except for English language which is a 7

they only say english language in the example because you need to get a minimum grade in english language. it is the top 8 grades in any subject
Reply 19
Original post by VPN69
What do you mean by lack of predicated GCSEs in applicants this year.

Due to COVID last years applicants GCSES were predicted. This caused an inflation in the grades and they were a lot higher than usual. This year none of us have predicted GCSES so applicant applications to unis won’t have as high GCSES

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending