The Student Room Group

Civil service HmRC Reserve

Hi,

I’ve been placed on the reserve list for HMRC on 15th April 2022. I scored 5,6,6,6 in my behaviours. Does this sound any good? I’ve emailed them to ask where i am on the list but haven’t heard back yet.

I applied for Birmingham and Nottingham. My initial application was to Birmingham although I would prefer Nottingham, and it still states that the application is being reviewed for Nottingham. Could this be because it's a joint campaign and my main application was for Birmingham. No idea why I made Birmingham my first option 😕

I really hope I get a post from this reserve list! xxx
Reply 1
Original post by BurcuBay
Hi,

I’ve been placed on the reserve list for HMRC on 15th April 2022. I scored 5,6,6,6 in my behaviours. Does this sound any good? I’ve emailed them to ask where i am on the list but haven’t heard back yet.

I applied for Birmingham and Nottingham. My initial application was to Birmingham although I would prefer Nottingham, and it still states that the application is being reviewed for Nottingham. Could this be because it's a joint campaign and my main application was for Birmingham. No idea why I made Birmingham my first option 😕

I really hope I get a post from this reserve list! xxx

Hi BurcuBay,

This means that you scored high, but not enough to be accepted for the role, hence you've been put on reserve for 12 months. What happens next is that if or when they have the same role vacancy again, they will take candidates on reserve first before they advertise externally. To be on safe side, don't give up applying though as there is no guarantee that you'll definitely be called.
Reply 2
Original post by ytprem
Hi BurcuBay,

This means that you scored high, but not enough to be accepted for the role, hence you've been put on reserve for 12 months. What happens next is that if or when they have the same role vacancy again, they will take candidates on reserve first before they advertise externally. To be on safe side, don't give up applying though as there is no guarantee that you'll definitely be called.

Hi, thank you for your reply.

Today I got an email saying i’m 16th out of 34 candidates for one location and 22nd out of 43 candidates for another. I really hope i can be called 🙏 xx
Reply 3
Is this for the customer services team leader role? I’m 14 on the liverpool list out of 54. No idea if this means I’ll get the job
Reply 4
Yes it is. I’m 16th for Nottingham and 22nd for Birmingham. I hope we both get posted 🤞🏻 I wonder how often they offer jobs and how long it may be if we do get offered a position xx
Is this the AO grade customer service advisor role of HMRC (ref: 195158)?
Yes it is. I’m 16th for Nottingham and 22nd for Birmingham. I hope we both get posted 🤞🏻 I wonder how often they offer jobs and how long it may be if we do get offered a position xx

Fingers crossed for you! I'm on the reserve list for promotion in East Kilbride HMRC. How do you find out your position on the reserve list if you don't mind me asking?
Reply 7
It’s for the HO role at HMRC - ref 181670 for Birmingham, and 181672 for Nottingham x
Reply 8
Original post by claireferguson98
Fingers crossed for you! I'm on the reserve list for promotion in East Kilbride HMRC. How do you find out your position on the reserve list if you don't mind me asking?

I sent an email to [email protected] providing my details and asking for information as to my position on the reserve list. Good luck to you too xxx
Hi, I received a provisional job offer yesterday after being 14th on the list two months ago so fingers crossed for you!
Hi, thank you for your reply.

Today I got an email saying i’m 16th out of 34 candidates for one location and 22nd out of 43 candidates for another. I really hope i can be called 🙏 xx

Hi,
I am put on the reserve list for the position of Junior Java Developer in HMRC until 2023 June.
I contacted them to know my rank on the reserve list.But they said it can't be revealed. Kindly send me the contact email you received that information.
Reply 11
Did you guys get offered jobs in the end?
(edited 7 months ago)
Reply 12
Anyone knows an email address for HMRC reserve list to find out our position?
Reply 13
Original post by Niomi82
Anyone knows an email address for HMRC reserve list to find out our position?

It's usually at the bottom of the job advert if you go into your applications

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending