The Student Room Group
On campus building at University of South Wales
University of South Wales

Scroll to see replies

Hey there. I am in Glamorgan! I will be a fresher although I'm not going to be in halls. I want to Trefforest today and finally found a house. I admit its not with any other freshers so I will have to work that little harder to make new friends, plus the two girls I'll be living with that I met today seem friendly too...a all girl house!! I am doing the Outdoor Learning and Science of Adventure course and I am dead excited.

Donnala
On campus building at University of South Wales
University of South Wales
Reply 2
outdoor learning eh ? im at glam doing geography I had a couple of them in some of my modules :smile:
I was offered a place on the Outdoor Learning & Physical Geography course but went with my first choice. All the people that I know that did/doing a Geography degree are climbers, is that the case with you?

Donnala
Reply 4
No , although I do have a rock climber on my course , hes in the TA i think, does human geography.
Reply 5
I have just recieved confirmation that I have a room in Glam court :smile:
Am definately starting in Sept as I got all my grades last year so come on law degree!
Reply 6
Me too, got a conformation that ill be going to Glamorgan Court the other day, should be good fun, the advantage of already having grades lol, ..although I dont really remember how to work but I have learnt an awful lot about drinking... damn you gap year!/working in a pub. :biggrin:

Aaron
Reply 7
simon18
Hi,

im almost definitely going 2 glamorgan in sep/oct to study journalism and wandered if any1 else is taking this course or if there are any other ppl on here who are going to glamorgan?

If so have any of u got halls yet? i have applied for glamorgan court but doubt ill get it :smile:

im doing psychology c800 in sept :smile:
Reply 8
Im doing Psychology and Philosophy, so its quite likely we will meet lol.
Reply 9
I'm doing Psychology as well so guess I'll be meeting you guys too :smile:
Reply 10
Wahay! lol, u even come from the same southern part of the country :yy: Somerset is blaitently the psychology place to be lol. Somerset, not just for Wurzels :biggrin:
Reply 11
Im from Somerset too! does anyone know about accomodation for people with conditional offers? do they wait to offer you accomodation until they know your results because I still haven't heard anything but some of my m8s going to other uni's already have their accomodation sorted out!
http://www.glam.ac.uk/accommodation/136/halls/applying

Seems like you have to apply and then they'll sort it out after you get your results. Hope this helps, I'm renting a house for the year and struggling to find the money to pay for the rent which starts on the 1st. So I really hope I get in!
What are you going to be studying?
Reply 13
Suddenly glad i've got my rooms and my offer lol, my friends have been giving me really bad looks lately where i dont have to wait out for exams lol and i now feel sorry for everyone who doesnt have all this stuff worked out lol.

They probably have it all sorted out but until your results are done they can't exactly send it out, that and i expect its done by the strength of your predicted grades or something exciting like that.
Reply 14
Thanks thats really helpful, hopefully I should get in to Glamorgan Court. Im studying Journalism, really looking forward to uni now. What about you? How come your'e going private and not halls?
Hopefully psychology, though with less than 2 days until results day I'm starting to panic. I know a few people that went to Glamorgan last year, and I spent half of every week in halls so I've had enough of it by now! If you're going in halls, try to make sure you get ensuite because they don't clean the toilets on the weekend and it wasn't pretty the morning after the night before :frown:
Reply 16
Not really alot of point in panicing about results, not like the next 3 years of your life is hanging on it :p:, but really what can you do about it, too late to bribe/seduce examiners so its down to fate :yy:

Couldn't imagine not having an ensuite, would be pretty disgusting really, in general not just when people can't hold there drink. (God a year working in a pub and I feel like a old man when it comes to alcohol.)

Luckily already got my ensuite! How come you guys chose Glamorgan over other places?
Until a year ago I wasn't even considering uni, I thought I was too old and too poor. But my boyfriend went to glamorgan at the same time that I decided to do some Alevels in a year. I visited him most weeks and went to open days and found it a really nice and friendly small uni. I applied to 6 places, got into 3, but plymouth wanted me to get stupidly high results considering I was doing 2 and a half A levels in a year plus having other commitments. Middlesex is my insurance but I don't want to go there really. So yeah, the fact my boyfriend goes to Glamorgan of course sways my decision greatly, but I think it's a nice uni (apart from the halls toilets) with a bad reputation.
I know I shouldn't panic, but it's a day and a half left until yeah, the next 3 years of my life is decided :eek: I just wish I could sleep until Thursday morning.
Why'd you choose it? Have you had a gap year since I'm guessing your offer isn't conditional?
Reply 18
Yeah i had an "invoulentary gap year" as in, I didn't get the grades for Egyptology last year so I had the grades but no university, so changed stubjects. 2 of my friends went to Cardiff so having a really close uni was good plus i only live an hour away. (53 miles to be exact, Glamorgans giving me money cause i live more than 50 miles away :biggrin: ) Pretty much cause my friends lived nearby and it was in Wales was my reasoning. (had 5 unconditionals though)

How did studying A-Levels in a year go? cause i was supposed to do Psychology A/S self taught and it didn't go so well, granted I did it in 1 day (for a bet) and got 39% so wasnt that bothered but still.
It wasn't the most fun thing to do. In psychology we started off with about 14 people, and then for the last few months it was just me left. Me and the teacher quite often ended up just chatting during the lesson instead of working which didn't help my studying really but I enjoyed it. My other full A level was archaeology, which I hated and the teacher really didn't have enough time to teach it all so it ended up with just 1 other person doing the whole A level. The only subject I had time to learn properly and enjoy was sociology, but for some reason Glamorgan are ignoring it in my entry requirements so I'm not feeling too lucky. Though Glamorgan is known for letting people with terrible grades in, so I have my fingers crossed.
If don't get into psychology I'll see if Glamorgan have sociology or something similar for clearing. After paying out over 500 quid on a house already I pretty much have to go to Glamorgan.
Looking forward to walking up and down that hill every day? It isn't easy when you've had a few drinks and it's hard to just walk in a straight line! :biggrin:

Latest

Trending

Trending