The Student Room Group

Anyone got bad gcse's but good A levels?

I need motivation... I got A*AAABBBBBBCC ...
Anyone who got like B's C's and D's in gcse and As in A level.. Im aiming for AAA in A level but dont know if im capable.. Im going to try my hardest, doing 34 hours of study a week excluding school time.. But I want to know if I put hard work in I can achieve, like I got a B in maths if I work super hard can I get an A.. Because people say people with Bs most likely fail.. Any examples of success stories.. I need motivation:biggrin:
Reply 1
Original post by Nimmy666
Because people say people with Bs most likely fail..

Who gave you that terrible piece of information? couldn't be something less true. Your A-level results depend on how hard you work. Not your GCSE results. Your GCSE results mean nothing at all now and are not a good predictor of what your A-level results will be. Some people who get A/A* at GCSE think they're a genius, don't try at A-levels and get all Us. Some people get B/C at GCSE, put in extra effort and come out with As. :smile:
Original post by Nimmy666
I need motivation... I got A*AAABBBBBBCC ...
Anyone who got like B's C's and D's in gcse and As in A level.. Im aiming for AAA in A level but dont know if im capable.. Im going to try my hardest, doing 34 hours of study a week excluding school time.. But I want to know if I put hard work in I can achieve, like I got a B in maths if I work super hard can I get an A.. Because people say people with Bs most likely fail.. Any examples of success stories.. I need motivation:biggrin:

honestly..... don't do that.... that's nearly 5 extra hours a day, worst idea if you want good grades.
TSR's definition of bad GCSEs is amusing sometimes.

Why aim to study 34 hours extra every single week? It's pretty unnecessary if you aim to understand what is going on during class and improve your study techniques. It's much better to consistent than burnout trying to reach an unnecessary number of hours of study.
Studying 34 hours per week is insanity.
Reply 5
How much should I study to get A's then?
You sound like a girl in my class who got average gcses and then tried to work over the top and ended up burning herself out incredibly
I dont know if this is "good" in comparison to other people but I got 3 B's, one D and the rest C's at GCSE. I also got a U in some further maths thing. I didnt revise for anything

At AS I was targeted DDDD (another D if I count the film studies I did in year 11).
As.
In sociology - A.
English lang. - B (C at gcse)
Psychology. -C
History. - B. (B at gcse)
Film studies. - C

Eng lang and film studies I didn't revise for.
Psychology I was able to push up a very low C in january to a high C from the june exam.

I'll say it again, its not like I got AAAAA, but I did get ABBCC when targeted DDDDD

I know if I hadn't started revising properly (not just writing things up onto my ipod) three weeks before the exam, I could have done alot better. Even then I had time management issues in all my exams (in history another 3 minutes in both exams and I could have got an A).

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 8
AAAAAABBBCC

A*A*A*a*a

Quick Reply

Latest