The Student Room Group

Need reassurance!

Sorry for all the topics but i need some calming!

after doing the OCR elizabeth paper, i feel like my puritan essay was lacking. is there anything i really missed, or does this seem ok?

Intro - what puritanism was

Serious threat - Neale's puritan choir + prebyterians and separatists

Cont. - denied evidence for these two....

Not a threat - Vestiarian controversy, prophesying storm, 1559 injunctions, mary QoS, no success in parliament, eg. strickland and cope, stuck in the south-east

Conclusion - no real threat at all

seem kosher? and close to an A!?!
Reply 1
hey i did that essay but of course everyone puts different things in it. your structure looks fine but i think it comes down to how your argument actually flowed/how well you evaluated so i can't really tell if it's an A. mine was more simple in terms of the ideas i looked at but i mainly concentrated on the interpretations/cross referencing etc.

did u look at interpretations yeah?
Reply 2
p.s dont worry bout it tho
Reply 3
ntf
OP
my main bit of historiography was centred around neale, but there was some scattering of other views. oddly, most mark schemes dont place too much emphasis on historians views (in my opinion) and focus more on the quality of your argument.
Reply 4
I would just try and forget about it now, and just wait and see what you get, because you'll never be sure that what people are saying correct or whatever. Just try and forget it and concentrate on the future exams you have, even though it may be tough!!
nicko88
I would just try and forget about it now, and just wait and see what you get, because you'll never be sure that what people are saying correct or whatever. Just try and forget it and concentrate on the future exams you have, even though it may be tough!!

:ditto:

Latest

Trending

Trending