The Student Room Group

HELP PLEASE - A Level Phyics

Hi, I am at the beginning of my AS Level and worrying if I should take physics or different A Level since I am struggling with Triangles of Forces. Moments has not been easy nor hard. Should I just drop it or continue with hopes of at least somehow getting a B in Year 13. I am terrified to be honest and have got a meeting tomorrow with the head of year at 9.30AM so advice ASAP would be appreciated!!!
(edited 7 months ago)
Is it possible to watch some videos, ask teachers/classmates and work on it eventually? You've only started year 12, it's natural to feel daunted by some A level content. Everyone is, but eventually it'll work out if you're working hard and smart.
The more important question is, do you need physics A Level for your future plan? When I did year 12 chemistry at first I reckoned half of my class would've dropped it if they aren't striving for STEM courses at uni, but we stuck with it and eventually it worked out for all of us
Reply 2
I think your decision should be based on your interests, career goals, and the support available to you. Take your time to make an informed choice, and don't hesitate to seek help and support from your teachers and school resources. I hope you find the guidance you need to make the best decision for your academic journey.
Reply 3
Yeah thanks for your replies guys. Yeah im continuing it and it does turn out we started with the harder topics which reassured me. Yeah its possible to watch videos on the content etc. Ive got extra physics lessons planned in my timetable as well as optional physics drop in sessions. I did ask my parents and teachers and they all also reassured me etc. Anyway I am continuing it but thanks for the replies. Im not 100% on uni courses but will see what happens.

Quick Reply

Latest