The Student Room Group

Pharmacy at DeMontfort uni

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
Original post by Mark1012
Because I got an offer but they said I have to fill in a HLS form but i still haven't received it, so I was wondering if anyone else had?

Yeah it says the same in my offer as well but i think you should e mail the university and ask about it.
Reply 21
Yeah I emailed them today and they said they will send the official offers within the next couple of weeks and the HLS form will be attached to it! Thanks
Reply 22
Because I got an offer but they said I have to fill in a HLS form but i still haven't received it, so I was wondering if anyone else had?

I recieved an offer last week but I didn't get asked about a HSL form? What even is it lol

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 23
Original post by jagjivan03
I recieved an offer last week but I didn't get asked about a HSL form? What even is it lol

Posted from TSR Mobile

Ahh, they didn't say in the offer so i'm not sure to be honest, i've even searched the DMU website and it doesn't say. I think it is given to everyone that has an offer for a subject within Health & Life Sciences. Are you sure it doesn't say about it in your offer?
Reply 24
Ahh, they didn't say in the offer so i'm not sure to be honest, i've even searched the DMU website and it doesn't say. I think it is given to everyone that has an offer for a subject within Health & Life Sciences. Are you sure it doesn't say about it in your offer?

Omg yeah I just read it on the offer! I didnt even read that part :/ don't know where your suppost to fill one of these in, I'm going to look into it and ring them later on today because you only have 4 weeks from when you've recieved the offer, bit worried seeing as you haven't found anything either :/

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 25
Omg yeah I just read it on the offer! I didnt even read that part :/ don't know where your suppost to fill one of these in, I'm going to look into it and ring them later on today because you only have 4 weeks from when you've recieved the offer, bit worried seeing as you haven't found anything either :/

Posted from TSR Mobile

They emailed me this yesterday "The official DMU offer letter will be issued in the next couple of weeks and will contain a Declaration form which you need to complete and return within 4 weeks of receipt. The DBS form will be issued if you make DMU your firm choice and this form needs to be completed and returned within 2 weeks of receipt." Hope that helps
Reply 26
They emailed me this yesterday "The official DMU offer letter will be issued in the next couple of weeks and will contain a Declaration form which you need to complete and return within 4 weeks of receipt. The DBS form will be issued if you make DMU your firm choice and this form needs to be completed and returned within 2 weeks of receipt." Hope that helps

Brilliant yeah that helps so much! Thank youu but it said on my offer we have to send the form within 4 weeks of recieveing the offer so would we wait till we've picked it as our firm or send it before?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 27
Brilliant yeah that helps so much! Thank youu but it said on my offer we have to send the form within 4 weeks of recieveing the offer so would we wait till we've picked it as our firm or send it before?

Posted from TSR Mobile

I'm not sure sorry, but I'm going to send it asap just incase
Reply 28
I'm not sure sorry, but I'm going to send it asap just incase

Thats okay :smile: yeah that's what I'm thinking, where are you gonna get the form thing from?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 29
Thats okay :smile: yeah that's what I'm thinking, where are you gonna get the form thing from?

Posted from TSR Mobile

I think they will send it by post or email!
Reply 30
I think they will send it by post or email!

I rung them up just now to check because I've had my offer for a while and hadn't recieved anything and she said that it's four weeks from when we accept the offer, so it'll be around may time when we get the letter :smile:

Hope this helps haha

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 31
I rung them up just now to check because I've had my offer for a while and hadn't recieved anything and she said that it's four weeks from when we accept the offer, so it'll be around may time when we get the letter :smile:

Hope this helps haha

Posted from TSR Mobile

Ohhhh Ok! Haha that makes much more sense, thanks!
Reply 32
Original post by ninja2
Hey guys i am thinking of applying for Pharmacy at DeMontfort uni, and I wanted to know more about the uni and course

1) what sort of interview questions do they ask
2) how is the timetable e.g. 9-5?
3) how are you examined e.g. only end of year exams or have coursework
4) do you get practical work
5) are many people chucked out after first year
6) generally how hard would you say the course is, compared to a-levels

and any other information on the course/uni ...

thanks in advance!

I got my offer from DeMontfort 5 days after applying and they don't ask for an interview either. They simply asked me for ABB
Reply 33
Ohhhh Ok! Haha that makes much more sense, thanks!

Haha don't worry about it! I'm glad this has cleared things up for everyone who was a bit confused too :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 34
Since DMU ask for BBB, if you are offered ABB and only get BBB in the end anyway, do you not get in??
Original post by cl0jc
Since DMU ask for BBB, if you are offered ABB and only get BBB in the end anyway, do you not get in??

You'll get in. They were taking C grades for biology and chemistry last year

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 36
Original post by cl0jc

I thought dmu asked for ABB, didn't know they asked for BBB for pharmacy? :/

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 37
Hey people!
So who has got an offer from dmu!?
Any of you guys choosing it as your firm choice ? :smile:
Reply 38
so has anyone actually firmed DMU yet? if so what accomadation where you thinking of?
has anyone looked at CODE? or filbert village??
i cant seem to find many threads on dmu pharmacy :frown:
Just firmed DMU to study Pharmacy, but had some questions about the course/uni if someone wouldn't mind answering?

1) What's your best recommendation for freshers accomodation?

2) What are your opinions on nightlife?

3) Anyone know what the placements are like? Paid?

4) What is the SU like?

5) Do you tend to have a lot of free time in the days?

6) DMU ask for ABB. What are the chances I'd get in if I got ABC/BBB/BBC?

7) Anyone joined DMU's Bhangra team? If so, what's it like? Friendly etc?

Thanks

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending