The Student Room Group
Roehampton Library | Roehampton University
University of Roehampton
London
Visit website

Cas taking too long to get sent

Hello, i applied as an international student after paying a deposit for a CAS, and it is taking almost 20 days since i applied and it is only on 61% and it have not made any progress since the last 4 days, i am getting worried because i am running out of time since the student visa is taking 42 days to process, any idea about what i going on and what should i do
Note : i already contacted them via email and they do not respond, the university is roehampton.
Original post by sidali
Hello, i applied as an international student after paying a deposit for a CAS, and it is taking almost 20 days since i applied and it is only on 61% and it have not made any progress since the last 4 days, i am getting worried because i am running out of time since the student visa is taking 42 days to process, any idea about what i going on and what should i do
Note : i already contacted them via email and they do not respond, the university is roehampton.

Hiya

I know the wait for CAS is extremely frustrating- been there done that. But it's almost all unis that take a long time to process CAS. This is because the admissions people have to put every piece of information on CAS very carefully- even a small typo would mean that they have to resubmit the whole CAS request. Plus they have to coordinate with UKVI and at this time, all other unis are also sending CAS requests to them which is why it takes longer to process.

UK visas can be processed early if you opt for a priority process but I know it's more expensive. I can't really suggest anything at the moment other than holding your horses. Hope you get your CAS soon, stay well <3

-Himieka
Roehampton Library | Roehampton University
University of Roehampton
London
Visit website
Original post by sidali

Which department are you contacting by email?

Try the international team if you haven’t already.
Original post by sidali

Original post by Durham Students
Hiya

I know the wait for CAS is extremely frustrating- been there done that. But it's almost all unis that take a long time to process CAS. This is because the admissions people have to put every piece of information on CAS very carefully- even a small typo would mean that they have to resubmit the whole CAS request. Plus they have to coordinate with UKVI and at this time, all other unis are also sending CAS requests to them which is why it takes longer to process.

UK visas can be processed early if you opt for a priority process but I know it's more expensive. I can't really suggest anything at the moment other than holding your horses. Hope you get your CAS soon, stay well <3

-Himieka

Just wanted to note that priority services for student visas are currently suspended - this has been noted on the Gov UK website. Processing times will likely vary depending on where you are applying from.

OP, the wait is indeed frustrating, I have just gone through that process (though on a postgraduate level). If you want, you can always ring them up to prompt for a response - though noting that they probably are fielding many others who have similar queries as you do.
Original post by sidali

Im waiting for my cas too. It’s been 37days
Reply 5
Did you end up getting one?
Reply 6
Did you end up getting one?
Reply 7
Original post by sidali

I'm having this exact situation. My CAS stuck at 61%
I'm having this exact situation. My CAS stuck at 61%
Original post by sidali
It’s same happening with me its been 20 days but it’s on 61% Demontfort uni

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending